bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
3/7/13 3:40 p.m.

Hey guys, I need a diagram of the air conditioning system on a 2006 RAV4. Specifically, I need a diagram or picture of the refrigerant hose connection at the expansion valve. Please post here or let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance!

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
3/7/13 4:38 p.m.

2WD or 4WD, and what engine? Here's a pic of the 4WD, 2.4L system.
As usual, AllData is LittleData. Here's all they have. I think it's as useful as a chocolate tea pot.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
3/7/13 5:56 p.m.

Are you cursing it while trying to remove the line? There is a little clip that involve a pick, lotsa bad words and not a small amount of blood.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
3/8/13 10:31 a.m.

I'm testing the evaporator coil as part of our R&D program, and need to know the part number for the fitting or hose assembly that connects to the expansion valve. I usually am working with heavy equipment parts, so this is a little foreign for me and I don't have the documentation readily available. The captured o-ring style isn't something we normally use in our industry and I can't test this coil without that fitting. Unfortunately Boost's diagram doesn't show anything inside the cab, which is what I need.
I can use either a diagram or a part number for the inlet and outlet hose assembly to the expansion valve. This part of the a/c system is the same regardless of the engine or drive system.

moerdogg
moerdogg New Reader
3/8/13 10:54 a.m.

Not sure if the link without being a member, but one of the members over at RAV4world has a link to a bunch of the service manuals: RAV4world - JuneBug

I can send you a PM if that link doesn't work. FYI, downloading those files may not be 100% "street-legal."

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/8/13 10:57 a.m.

Since it's for commercial use, you can get a 3-day subscription to Toyota TechInfo for like $15 and download service manual .pdfs for any of their products for the last 25 years.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/8/13 6:14 p.m.

+1 on Junebug's manuals.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
3/9/13 7:13 a.m.
moerdogg wrote: Not sure if the link without being a member, but one of the members over at RAV4world has a link to a bunch of the service manuals: RAV4world - JuneBug I can send you a PM if that link doesn't work. FYI, downloading those files may not be 100% "street-legal."

Yeah, have to be a member. PM sent.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1jdul7Ue6iUhBJlrVikMNOMFgJ17H4PBkZPZ4cqGkV3TSGw3S2iV0lnLKg9iENrQ