keethrax
keethrax Dork
5/19/16 9:13 a.m.

For a given value of near anyhow.

Is anyone able to go check out: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5589707455.html

Am looking to do a fly and buy to grab this (and visit family in the area) Basically looking to confirm that it starts, steers, stops, moves in all gears, and is as free of rust as advertised.

If so, drop me a line via email by adding @gmail.com to my username here. There will be compensation.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/19/16 9:23 a.m.

I'll email in a moment. Its about an hour drive north of me, (and I have family coming in this weekend), but I could probably do it early next week. Dunno if it will be available that long. MTN I think lives much closer to that than me, and there are some other chicagoish guys (oldtin, clutchsmoke, appleseed - I think, probably more).

keethrax
keethrax Dork
5/19/16 9:31 a.m.
Robbie wrote: I'll email in a moment. Its about an hour drive north of me, (and I have family coming in this weekend), but I could probably do it early next week. Dunno if it will be available that long. MTN I think lives much closer to that than me, and there are some other chicagoish guys (oldtin, clutchsmoke, appleseed - I think, probably more).

I'm looking at flying down Memorial Day weekend if everything works out. But would need to buy plane ticket soon.

slowride
slowride HalfDork
5/19/16 9:53 a.m.

I'm about as far away as Robbie and I don't have much free time, but I would like to wish you good luck (sincerely). I had a long think about buying that Miata but ultimately decided against it.

keethrax
keethrax Dork
5/19/16 10:14 a.m.
slowride wrote: I'm about as far away as Robbie and I don't have much free time, but I would like to wish you good luck (sincerely). I had a long think about buying that Miata but ultimately decided against it.

Current plan is to drive it for a summer or two, then exocet-ify it over a winter once I get some insulation and better lighting in the garage.

wnick
wnick New Reader
5/19/16 1:46 p.m.

I am pretty close but between work and coaching softball I won't be free until Tuesday. If that works let me know.

keethrax
keethrax Dork
5/19/16 2:07 p.m.
wnick wrote: I am pretty close but between work and coaching softball I won't be free until Tuesday. If that works let me know.

Going to get in touch with him again this evening. Will let you know.

keethrax
keethrax Dork
5/19/16 3:25 p.m.
keethrax wrote:
wnick wrote: I am pretty close but between work and coaching softball I won't be free until Tuesday. If that works let me know.
Going to get in touch with him again this evening. Will let you know.

No longer needed. After the most recent email, I think the guy is losing his mind. Totally not worth flying and attempting to deal with. Isn't craigslist fun?

ptmeyer84
ptmeyer84 Reader
5/19/16 4:12 p.m.

Amen to that...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eOxSmXZOZ8IXlhOUwc7Kvfh929pxysjtz1rtcdvZVWiOBISurOzhvRKrE6Gy7HS5