EfiniMotorsport
EfiniMotorsport New Reader
2/15/20 9:09 p.m.

I'm building a sand rail and finally posted a build thread here. Instead of running gauges and switches I want to run a 10" touchscreen for engine data display and aux switch inputs. I've been wiring cars for a long time but the whole micro controller thing is new to me. My plan was to use and Arduino Mega to read the engine sensors, a Seinsmart 16 channel relay board to control all the auxiliary circuits, and a Raspberry Pi to handle the communication between those devices and either a 10" touchscreen or tablet. From what I've read I need to set the interface up as a web site so the gauge data can be displayed as well as take the switch input. Base sytems like lights, turn signals, brake lights and reverse lights aren't going to run through any of the micro controllers so even if everything were to crash I could still drive the rail home.  Because of packaging I'd like to eliminate either the Pi or adruino if possible but not sure if I can. Is there anyone here that has the time and knowledge to halp me go over the system and figure out exactly what I need? I need to figure out what's going where so I can move forward with a bunch of other things. Ideally I'd like to find someone that can help with the coding too but I realize it's a lot to do. 

EfiniMotorsport
2/18/20 8:55 p.m.

No one has any input? Seems there's plenty of people on here that would know exactly what I'm trying to do

EfiniMotorsport
2/18/20 8:55 p.m.

No one has any input? Seems there's plenty of people on here that would know exactly what I'm trying to do

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tihbXidUC9Jy6bKplhC9JBmGdc7qxmgaGKKyb3z5EZljNmbv5tvYqAhHvlm4SSXJ