1 ... 3 4 5
mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
6/10/21 8:03 p.m.
BlindPirate said:

In reply to Furious_E (Forum Supporter) :

I would never tell anyone their car is stupid let alone a stranger. I commend Mr2s for his graciousness. 

Thank you. Life is too short... 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/10/21 9:01 p.m.
BlindPirate said:

In reply to Furious_E (Forum Supporter) :

I would never tell anyone their car is stupid let alone a stranger. I commend Mr2s for his graciousness. 

I've got to check and see where my dad was that day.  Sounds exactly like something he would say to somebody.  He wasn't always that way.  Old folks sometimes have zero filter though.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/10/21 9:05 p.m.
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah, but would you approach a total stranger in a parking lot and tell them their car is stupid and they're an idiot for buying it? What a dick!

Nope.  I thought the story was kinda funny though.  I always thought it when I saw an Aztec too, but I never said it.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/10/21 9:07 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

I too drove H1s in the service.  I too would never buy one for personal use.  I can relate to the old codger.  I look forward to following along though.  690 lbs of stereo!  Wow!  

Never was in the service. Appreciate those who were or are. 

Enjoying my H1. 

I am ok with however people spend their own money :) 

I am too :). I just thought the story was kinda funny.  I drove an H1 in some pretty crappy weather up a steep muddy hill from snow melt one day.  I'm not sure much else could've done it.  I did not enjoy the ride though.  

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
8/25/21 4:19 p.m.

Well I have been lagging on this. I got the wheels + cat installed and had a few other issues to button down.

Will be adding more pics this week:

Here are the things I did so far:

• New plugs
  • New Cap and rotor
  • It was running a little rich - so had to pull the dog house back to get to the back of the engine, to check the timing and tune it up 
  • Repaired reverse lights (didnt turn on)
  • AC blowing cold now
  • Front left halfshaft boot done
  • New door locks installed

It has a problem with the spark getting weak at the higher engine RPM when truck gets warm. Its the ignition module inside the distributor. It has been back order, finally will be here tomorrow. 

Then will get it back on the road as DD. Trip to MOAB with 4 friends planned in October. That should be fun.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/29/21 9:31 p.m.

All work done

before and after

JAdams
JAdams New Reader
9/30/21 8:50 a.m.

I like the new look a lot better! Such an awesome vehicle.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
9/30/21 9:23 a.m.
JAdams said:

I like the new look a lot better! Such an awesome vehicle.

Thanks 

drive fantastic. No more wagon wheel. 

now need to find a broker rapper to sell the wheels too! 

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/30/21 12:09 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Looks way better with the smaller wheels. I can't believe how much stereo you pulled out of that thing! Is that before picture with it all installed still?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/17/21 11:47 a.m.
thatsnowinnebago said:

Looks way better with the smaller wheels. I can't believe how much stereo you pulled out of that thing! Is that before picture with it all installed still?

Sold the rapper wheels. Got $4500 for them.

not only it looks better, rides a million times better, and offroads better with the 37s

Sorry been super busy with some other stuff (buying rental units setting up AirBnB). Yes the before pic is all stereo installed. Its all gone now. 

had a fun week with the H1. 

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/17/21 1:42 p.m.

Can you tell me about the kinds of things you do out in an area like that? Is it like driving around out in the wilderness for the fun of it (which I totally get) or are you trying extreme hills and angles?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
11/24/21 12:51 p.m.
P3PPY said:

Can you tell me about the kinds of things you do out in an area like that? Is it like driving around out in the wilderness for the fun of it (which I totally get) or are you trying extreme hills and angles?

Most of these are 100 thousand acres plus. They call them "SVRA" and charge $5/day. Its a "no rules, do what you want" type place.  You can google "Ocatillo Wells" to see vidoes or "PISMO OHV"

We just got back from 1 week in MOAB (fins and chings and hells revenge) - so this is'nt anythign close to that

I usually take my RZR or CANAM to them. With the 62 and the H1, was trying out the hills, and the angles. Its very well suited for a Raptor versus a H1. But fun nonetheless.  You can also camp and bbq if you want. 

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gKbjLCPKvTwTxJ2kJkVjVcmJah6GRKQWto4BqxaLfyEWz6unuYasp0S97wuykcu5