wallabyguy
wallabyguy None
11/17/11 8:34 a.m.

Hey everyone,

My name is Robert and I'm new to this forum but have been active on other automotive sites for over a decade now.

I'm a long time British sports car owner including Triumphs, MGs and Lotuses. About 6 years ago I decided to turn my hobby into a career and left architecture to pursue my passion for automobiles. A couple of years back I started a company, British Racing Group and we are now the authorized representatives for Toniq and Ginetta in the US. We operate several OE and aftermarket parts websites including Lotus Garage and our own namesake site.

I look forward to becoming a regular here and becoming more involved with this portion of the community after years of involvement with the Lotus folks.

Thanks,

Robert

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/17/11 8:37 a.m.

Wow. Welcome aboard. Looks like you'll have a ton to contribute.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
11/17/11 8:40 a.m.

Be sure to add your cars to your garage. Its always good to have someone new to learn from. I look forward to that.

Welcome.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/11 8:42 a.m.

Welcome.

Have you checked into Classic Motorsports yet??

Also, if I remember correctly, new members who own companies can give big discounts for their products to the other members...

...if I remember correctly..

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
11/17/11 8:45 a.m.

Woohoo more British car owners.

Welcome

Duke
Duke SuperDork
11/17/11 8:59 a.m.

Speaking as a fellow architect, welcome aboard!

wallabyguy
wallabyguy New Reader
11/17/11 9:39 a.m.

As for my personal cars, nothing too exotic outside of a Lotus Elite and an Acura. That's the flip side of being in the auto business is that you end up driving the inventory and owning very few yourself.

I'll probably look to become an advertiser based on what I'm seeing here. With the first Ginetta G40's on their way here early next year, this is obviously the best venue for them.

@ Duke, I loved architecture (not always the clients) and practiced for nearly 20 years but my passion was always with the time I spent with the Lotus clubs so when the opportunity presented itself, I made the jump.

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
11/17/11 9:50 a.m.

New guy brings the beer (and being a Brit, the beer will be good).

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
11/17/11 9:55 a.m.

Welcome to the insanity. BTW, Miata.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
11/17/11 10:22 a.m.

Welcome, we need more info on your business, contact the magazine staff.

Welcome to enablers anonymous

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
11/17/11 11:07 a.m.
wallabyguy wrote: As for my personal cars, nothing too exotic outside of a Lotus Elite and an Acura. That's the flip side of being in the auto business is that you end up driving the inventory and owning very few yourself.
aussiesmg wrote: Welcome to enablers anonymous

We will help you out with this problem as I'm sure its why you came to us.

wallabyguy
wallabyguy New Reader
11/17/11 1:11 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Welcome, we need more info on your business, contact the magazine staff. Welcome to enablers anonymous

I honestly didn't want to make the thread into a commercial for my company. I recognize forum rules and certainly don't want to violate any by posting anything that constitutes an advertisement.

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
11/17/11 2:35 p.m.
wallabyguy wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: Welcome, we need more info on your business, contact the magazine staff. Welcome to enablers anonymous
I honestly didn't want to make the thread into a commercial for my company. I recognize forum rules and certainly don't want to violate any by posting anything that constitutes an advertisement.

What's the opposite of canoe?

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Reader
11/17/11 3:26 p.m.

A ultralight?

Welcome

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/11 3:27 p.m.

You really should run away.

wallabyguy
wallabyguy New Reader
11/17/11 3:29 p.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: You really should run away.

nah, this seems like a good place.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
11/17/11 4:12 p.m.
wallabyguy wrote:

contact the folk that run this insane asylum and they can set you up as an advertiser ... then any time you post something in the wrong place they'll move it ...

welcome aboard

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EJCylrPNtIbZWOAFWLVRgT5b3FXoFONLC91Kn2vKR2bp0vsbhKQiW6I1rLF8867p