1 2
RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
9/16/09 8:08 p.m.
probesport wrote: The car is actually quite heavily modified, I just try to keep it clean/stock looking - I even pained my carbon fiber hood - BLASPHEMY!

Anyone who paints over carbon fiber to match the rest of their car is good people in my book. Welcome aboard the Good Ship GRM, matey!

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
9/16/09 8:41 p.m.

So out of curiosity, is any one year of the Probe better than the others? Any to avoid? Are the earlier years any lighter (typically most cars get heavier the longer they are in production - see MX-5)?

EricM
EricM HalfDork
9/16/09 8:58 p.m.

I too, like the seats.

probesport
probesport New Reader
9/16/09 10:10 p.m.
fastEddie wrote: So out of curiosity, is any one year of the Probe better than the others? Any to avoid? Are the earlier years any lighter (typically most cars get heavier the longer they are in production - see MX-5)?

As far as 2nd gens go;

93 is the lightest, but not by much. 96/97 are OBD-II. 93/94 have distributor problems an rear caliper issues.

Laster in life they started phasing out options, the 95 was the best of the lot. Pre OBD-II, still had all the bells and whistles plus a few styling tweaks.

Visually I think the 95-97's are better looking than the 93/94. I have owned most of the 2nd gens and 1 1st gen (89-92).

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kl9KPnqxaJDB1yudDyDwyJGIAy9H3zwv1E8MHyonAxwWVFj5TlXgVlsGhTtxSk6A