1 2
Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/7/08 6:02 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: So AWD/transverse is ok for Audi, but not Lincoln?

Ofcourse becuase Audis come with that fantastic VW Quality. If I was looking for a car for the wife and had a few bucks I would look into that, but that Continental is sweet.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
7/7/08 8:32 a.m.
jrw1621 wrote: Well, I hate to break it to all that had high hopes for this new Lincoln, but, this car is a re-badged and slightly reworked Ford Taurus/Ford Five Hundred/Mercury Sable/Mercury Montego. Not the worst car ever made and it is large but by no means will anyone ever asign the word sporty to it.

That's pretty much all Lincolns have been for almost forever.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/7/08 8:40 a.m.

Do you think the front grille is big and shiny enough?

I can't believe they kept the Lacrosse name I can't wait to see what they call this one

ACarlson
ACarlson New Reader
7/7/08 10:23 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: So AWD/transverse is ok for Audi, but not Lincoln? The MKS is AWD ONLY, no FWD option.

I can't say I object across the board to AWD on Lincolns, but my Blacker-Than-Isaac-Hayes'-Ass-On-A-Cloudy-Night Special Edition Continental had damn well better be available in RWD only.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/7/08 10:33 a.m.
Wall-e wrote:
alfadriver wrote: So AWD/transverse is ok for Audi, but not Lincoln?
Ofcourse becuase Audis come with that fantastic VW Quality. If I was looking for a car for the wife and had a few bucks I would look into that, but that Continental is sweet.

Wall-E is my hero with the funnies... VW Quality keeps my schedule full three weeks out like clock work. I am considering learning German to thank those guys over there!

jrw1621
jrw1621 New Reader
7/7/08 10:35 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
jrw1621 wrote: Well, I hate to break it to all that had high hopes for this new Lincoln, but, this car is a re-badged and slightly reworked Ford Taurus/Ford Five Hundred/Mercury Sable/Mercury Montego. Not the worst car ever made and it is large but by no means will anyone ever asign the word sporty to it.
That's pretty much all Lincolns have been for almost forever.

I agree with you completely and my further point is that this is not "the rebirth" of Lincoln, rather it is the "continuation" of Lincoln. Sure, I know that Lincoln has been (and continues to be) a dressed up Ford. Typically with better leather, nicer carpet, a bigger engine and a few electronic gizmos.

The curent line up:

MKZ/Zepher - Fusion

MKX - Edge

Navigator - Expedition

Aviator - Explorer

What ever they call the Lincoln Pick-Up - F150

Town Car - Crown Vic

Are the market conditons right to bring over a true European Focus and badge it as an upscale, good mpg model? Think of it as a loaded Mazda 3 or S40 with a slant toward luxury.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8Sw3Lp2eHNMhb0LFEtdm9gI2aj97zhyZJdgNfIbZitzuCRFossq3QHk5y74zYrrs