EdHigginbotham
EdHigginbotham Editorial Assistant
12/19/14 4:25 p.m.
feature_image

Introduced in 2012, the Corvette Daytona Prototyped of IMSA's Tudor Series has reflected the lines and characteristics of the street-going car. Hot on the heels of Chevy's release of the C7 Corvette Stingray, the Daytona Prototypes get a fierce makeover as well.

Be among the first to witness them in competition and come to the Roar Before the Rolex 24 …

Read the rest of the story

Trackmouse
Trackmouse New Reader
12/25/14 4:01 p.m.

So the engine is in the front right? Lol

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/25/14 4:12 p.m.

Caught a peek at PRI, it's intimating and breathe taking all at the same time

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/25/14 8:03 p.m.

What is a "fierce makeover"

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/25/14 8:06 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: What is a "fierce makeover"

they made new molds for the carbon fiber body panels.

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
12/25/14 9:47 p.m.

So wait, tell me again how this car relates to a Corvette? Is it kind of like how a NASCAR COT relates to an actual Camry?

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/26/14 12:35 a.m.
irish44j wrote: So wait, tell me again how this car relates to a Corvette? Is it kind of like how a NASCAR COT relates to an actual Camry?

more or less... but they are just race cars and GM wanted some name recognition for a car that they actually sell at dealers to help justify throwing millions of dollars a year at these cars, so just relax..

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/26/14 2:53 p.m.
novaderrik wrote:
irish44j wrote: So wait, tell me again how this car relates to a Corvette? Is it kind of like how a NASCAR COT relates to an actual Camry?
more or less... but they are just race cars and GM wanted some name recognition for a car that they actually sell at dealers to help justify throwing millions of dollars a year at these cars, so just relax..

+1 to Novaderrik something Chrysler should pay attention to. A Viper version to compete against the Vette's might have been interesting, especially after their win in the GT ranks. Oh well.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DkbqvjdfrBrt6q4O7NtHIJZmgyl4rs7udwbfVU8nLfwanBkTpJ629dLrKvfTQOdJ