1 2 3 4
Jerry
Jerry UberDork
12/22/17 1:48 p.m.

Got the new issue last night but left it at home since today's last day at work until Jan 2 (no Challenge coverage was a bummer)

And lookby at my calendar at work I realized I don't have a 2018 calendar yet.frown

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
12/22/17 2:11 p.m.

I didn't get a 2017 calendar. I thought they were discontinued.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
12/22/17 2:21 p.m.

I have my 2017 calendar up at work. No 2018... Yet? 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
12/22/17 3:30 p.m.

Yeah just grabbed the mag from my post office box. No calendar. There are Nissan Z's on the cover though.smiley

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/22/17 4:00 p.m.

Rumor is there won't be a 2018 GRM calendar

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/22/17 4:28 p.m.

I just realized I never changed my 2017 Calender from Janurary. I don't usually do calenders. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
12/22/17 4:51 p.m.

I'm not giving up hope. I always like the calendars.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/22/17 5:01 p.m.

Got my very first Magazine.  It's nice.  Didn't know about calendars though.  Being retired,, don't care what day it is.  Clock's are next.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/22/17 6:00 p.m.

I think that the general consensus was that the world should have ended by now.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/22/17 6:10 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

We're almost 6 years late for 2012 by this point and frankly I'm upset about being lied to. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/22/17 8:24 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

We’ve still got a week, I’m staying optimistic.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
12/22/17 9:08 p.m.

I'm no longer scheduling any appointments since I don't have a calender on which to record them.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
12/22/17 9:26 p.m.

I'd be okay with just a calendar of Challenge entrants.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
12/22/17 9:52 p.m.

No calendars for '18. Sorry gang. Instead of the calendars we did the GRM Trackside Companion and CMS Glovebox Companion books as our special projects this year. They were a much easier economic case to make than something that is being replaced by digital assistants. Sometimes we have to make those tough decisions because we like to do things like buy food and pay our power bills. If we had our way, everyone would have gotten a calendar, a giant foam GRM hand and a puppy whose barks sound like a turbo Miata. 

carczar_84
carczar_84 Reader
12/22/17 11:49 p.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak :

Was the Trackside Companion sent out with the subscription at some point? I don't remember seeing it.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
12/23/17 12:52 a.m.

I shan't complain. I've seen CCC and SCC go under. That was literally like losing two limbs. Not a Knight who says Ni.crying

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/23/17 3:03 a.m.

In reply to carczar_84 :

They were.  You can still buy 'em for $3 from the grm store. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/23/17 5:15 a.m.

I'm voting for the giant foam hand next year. Bonus point if it uses the middle finger and has "Berkeley" on it. 

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
12/23/17 8:39 a.m.

A calender ends up being like Playboy To Me,   I just quit reading them and Look at the Pretty Picture's

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/23/17 8:57 a.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

No calendars for '18. Sorry gang. Instead of the calendars we did the GRM Trackside Companion and CMS Glovebox Companion books as our special projects this year. They were a much easier economic case to make than something that is being replaced by digital assistants. Sometimes we have to make those tough decisions because we like to do things like buy food and pay our power bills. If we had our way, everyone would have gotten a calendar, a giant foam GRM hand and a puppy whose barks sound like a turbo Miata. 

Only if said turbo miata is the mumpkin

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/23/17 9:24 a.m.
Patrick said:
JG Pasterjak said:

Only if said turbo miata is the mumpkin

smileycooldevilcoolsmiley

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/23/17 9:37 a.m.

Have you guys considered raising the rates?  

GRM and CM seem pretty cheap to me, and should be able to tolerate a reasonable increase in rates. I’ve been part of your community for 20 years, and see the value to the overall community let alone the single enthusiast that you can charge more. 

It worries me that you suggest that you have to make such tough choices like that. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/23/17 10:38 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

It’s a competitive environment, that’s for sure. Tim had a Canadian subscriber write him complaining of our high rates for non-U.S., so Tim answered with the detailed breakdown of what we pay to ship a magazine to Canada—showing we charge less than the actual cost of the additional postage. Guy answered back: “I don’t buy your B.S., cancel my sub.”

The calendar choice was also a sign of the times—we literally couldn’t interest a single sponsor in it, because everyone we approached said, “No one uses a paper calendar anymore.”

We will still do special projects for our subscribers, but we are looking for things that not only have wider/more relevant appeal, but that also don’t need to go to press at one of our worst crunch times. (Sorry, JG, probably won’t be a foam finger.) Trackside Companion is one of those—drop me a PM with your address if you didn’t get one and I will get one out to you.

Margie

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/23/17 10:53 a.m.

What aboit a digital version we can print ourselves? I love my GRM calendar and proudly display it at work. smiley

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/23/17 10:57 a.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

What aboit a digital version we can print ourselves? I love my GRM calendar and proudly display it at work. smiley

Aw, sorry Ash! That goes back to the whole laying it out at a crazy time thing. And I realize we’ve known for a long time what the dates were gonna be for 2018, but nature of deadlines is that projects tend to push right up against them. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rkLlwSMjkhThucEjdSEQrbZYrh0Ln7RCrrDJlIetFH5jkW4xvdYgJbSpJ127c1nh