1 2 3
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/24/12 6:53 p.m.

I feel faint!

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Dork
7/24/12 7:08 p.m.

They went from a smiley face to the Joker! It certainly does look good from that angle but it's not really showing much.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/12 7:16 p.m.

Maybe the rest of it looks just as good and they'll bring a diesel wagon.

Hey, it's an early photo, I'm trying to get my dreaming in quick before I find out the reality!

Raze
Raze SuperDork
7/24/12 8:23 p.m.

I just see a VW...

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
7/24/12 8:27 p.m.

wait till later. Once you see the wheel gap and way-not-aggressive-enough-offset wheels that most midsize sedans have, it won't look as hot ;)

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/12 8:34 p.m.

I'm really, really aggravated because I bought a 2011... now this.

Javelin
7/24/12 8:38 p.m.
Raze wrote: I just see a VW...

Que? VW hasn't ever made anything like this.

I see Jaguar XF...

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/24/12 9:24 p.m.

I see hints of Mazda Furai in that front view.

KATYB
KATYB HalfDork
7/24/12 9:36 p.m.

I think it will be stunning. But I believe that from a drivers pov the first gen still will be the best. Its that front suspension and feel. They nailed it on the first gen the second gen disapoint me.

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
7/24/12 9:40 p.m.

looks-wise the speed6 still looks the best. They got the wheels nice and flush, dual exhaust, and the more muscular hood.

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
7/24/12 11:46 p.m.

I hope it is great looking because Mazda is tanking due butt ugly design.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 Dork
7/24/12 11:49 p.m.

Needs RWD!

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
7/25/12 7:12 a.m.
irish44j wrote: wait till later. Once you see the wheel gap and way-not-aggressive-enough-offset wheels that most midsize sedans have, it won't look as hot ;)

This, along with how many rear ends get mucked up, means that this doesn't really tell us anything.

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
7/25/12 7:37 a.m.
Que? VW hasn't ever made anything like this.

CC

I saw it too.

And for me thats a good thing. CC was the coolest looking thing VW made over the last few years. But i think its a trick of the eye and it wont look anything like a CC once i see more pictures of it. Just something in the shape of the front fascia from that one angle is reminiscent.

Keven
Keven New Reader
7/25/12 8:33 a.m.

Hopefully it comes with the diesel they keep talking about.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/25/12 9:02 a.m.

I think it looks more Volvo than anything else. Not to say it is a Volvo clone - but the feel is there.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
7/25/12 9:11 a.m.

Wheels and tires are almost always the first thing I do to a car. I don't really care what the stockers look like... they're not gonna be there long.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/25/12 9:16 a.m.

Just make a 280HP wagon version...

Javelin
7/25/12 9:19 a.m.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
7/25/12 9:20 a.m.
m4ff3w wrote: I think it looks more Volvo than anything else. Not to say it is a Volvo clone - but the feel is there.

I see that too, minus the slash. But recent Volvo's are pretty good looking cars, IMO, so if it emulates that it may be good. But I still say this photo doesn't tell much.

Edit - Jav just popped in those photos as I was typing. The front does look a little like a Volvo, and the back looks a little like a Sonata. But overall I'd have to say it's pretty good looking.

AutoXR
AutoXR HalfDork
7/25/12 9:36 a.m.

ahh... that appliance excites you?

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
7/25/12 9:38 a.m.

It is decent. Not as nice looking as the new Fusion though.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
7/25/12 11:01 a.m.
m4ff3w wrote: I think it looks more Volvo than anything else. Not to say it is a Volvo clone - but the feel is there.

I also saw that in it, I was trying to figure out the cross, it's like an S60 + a CC

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/25/12 11:04 a.m.

It looks great. Way better than the current model.

I'm interested to see what the interior looks like and how they'll price it.

We really like our '05 and would consider this one after the used models hit the market in 2015 ish.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
7/25/12 12:17 p.m.

I hope hope hope hope hope that those red tinted tail lights above are coming to the US. But they will probably screw us with retarded clear ones.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4NyPg225gmohNMeUEJsXZQMmBfQlq96P50hJZY3zAkFhAWwQrUG17wl6pi0FR4td