1 2
Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/23/10 9:49 a.m.
atotten wrote: wow, thanks for all the warm welcomes. I respect the miata for what it is but just not for me (flame suit on). That camaro looks good in the pics but you gotta see that thing in person, it's awesome. Do the steering wheel paddle shifters work? I was most impressed by the paint and how well it's kept, my '69 bird has a near flawless paint job on it and I always assumed traking it would lead to getting banged up, your camaro gave me inspiration that it can still look good and do what it was meant to do (that is other than quarter mile). I'm mainly interested in what/where and how much (unless that's stepping over the line) your suspension and brakes put you in the hole. Im in northern NJ so perhaps we'll cross paths again. I'm not sure what class I'll run at Watkins-is there a newbie class? I've been to one track day, it was in Sweden with a buddy who belongs to the Alfa Romeo club and he let me drive his car, I was hooked since then but just never got around to signing up locally. I'll be taking the 4000lb beast (M5) and so far have five of us heading up as well (an '05 CTS-V, an '07 parnelli jones mustang, a mid 80's five litre mustang and an all wheel drive E30 bmw). We're all going to enter in the newbie division and it's a two day event, psyched doesn't quite explain it but I'm sure you all understand. The accomodations you all had set up at the Rolex was second to none and becuase of it you've got a new member.

You will soon learn young padawan, the answer to all is.....MIATA!

Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Ad Sales
2/23/10 10:24 a.m.

If your objective is to build a great, all around hot rod, then you will be really happy with your build. The pic above is from the Dixie SCCA Allied vs Axis event in GA. The course, designed by a CP racer, is a lot of fun in a muscle car. Some extraordinary suspension components are available for 1st gen Camaros and Firebirds. I have steadily upgraded this car since 1981. It might seem radical and expensive, but amortized over that time frame--it's a budget build. If you have the budget, these cars can really stick.

Who you running with at the Glen? What club?

atotten
atotten New Reader
2/28/10 10:52 a.m.

In reply to Steve Chryssos:

Steve, thanks for the info on your car, once again it's awesome. PDA organized the Watkins driving event, as mentioned it's a two day deal for what amounts to half price (or so I'm told).

ProjectVIN
ProjectVIN New Reader
2/28/10 2:10 p.m.
Steve Chryssos wrote: Hi Atotten, Thanks for the kind words. Feel free to email or call some time. What group will you run with at the Glen? And thanks for the kind words. We do a pretty good job of using the car in every driving environment including street, road race, autocross, and drag.

Man that's a sweet ride, awesome color and I want to know about the paddleshift lol. Can someone who knows these cars answer a question that's always bugged me? Those headlight covers...has anyone ever made it a project to fix the factory misalignment with the grille? Seems as if you could install a backing plate to align them both horizontally and vertically to the center grille.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
2/28/10 3:18 p.m.

The paddleshift functions in Steve's car are impressive. The word "slushbox" no longer applies. Very direct and quick to respond. Not quite DSG levels of refinement, but the DSG doesn't have to deal with 400+ ft. lbs. of torque, either.

atotten
atotten New Reader
3/4/10 5:05 a.m.

Is it a manual vavle body trans with some type of actuator?

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/4/10 6:00 a.m.

Thanks for joining and Steve's cool Camaro is one of the main reasons he got the job. We figured anyone with a car like that could fit in well and Steve does seem to be doing just that.

TJ
TJ Dork
3/4/10 7:23 a.m.

I'm a fan of the 'Cuda stripes on Steve's Camaro.

Welcome atotten and Steve.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous Reader
3/4/10 9:51 a.m.

Welcome Atotten. I just checked out your garage page. Gotta love a big block with trips. If you need anyone to test drive it I could make my services available at no charge.

Steve, your car is teh hotness. It's a '68, right?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/4/10 10:40 a.m.
hrdlydangerous wrote: Steve, your car is teh hotness. It's a '68, right?

side marker lights and lack of vent windows on the doors tell me that at least the fenders and doors are '68...

yeah, Steve, that camaro is pretty sick. got detroit speed?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s3CTqGbT6hfD2NHqPA5Ok7Jg1wnfnnokvs1X6pWiWO090CRd4lSccIV9r0nh7MNP