ZOOMiata
ZOOMiata GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/25/08 5:06 p.m.

ZCI: Zone of Continuous Improvement. When one's final times or results peaks on the final run or lap, after meaningful and measurable progress over the duration of the event.

We had our first autox event today. Beautiful day, but I couldn't master the course. I certainly never attained the ZCI! Although my final run was my fastest, it was more dumb luck than the measured and meaningful improvement that I find so rewarding.

Josh
Josh New Reader
5/25/08 5:55 p.m.

I seem to be doing this so far this year, I like it :). Except for a wet spin-fest on my second run at my first event, I have been steadily dropping time each run, culminating in a final run where I really nail it and end up with a great pax finish and large class win margin. I have been autocrossing for almost 10 years now, and I can't remember having this kind of adrenaline-rush feeling of knowing I've achieved my goal for the run since probably my second year. Hopefully I don't manage to screw this up somehow as the season moves on :).

Woodyhfd
Woodyhfd GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/26/08 6:49 a.m.

One club that I used to autocross with, gave out a trophy for "Best Time of the Day" (in addition to Fastest Time of the Day).

BTD went to the driver who was progressively faster on each run, while remaining cone free all day. At some events, there was no winner. At others, there would be a two or three car runoff at the end of the day. It was a little more interesting than just handing the FTD trophy to the guy with the Lotus every week.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ULx2mvYSl5NpkzXEVdss9x9NeIgZdJoYErSygn7P3i94ya9ExfYLE7bI67AbpZha