Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/28/21 9:53 a.m.
feature_image

Eager to see the new WRX? You won’t have to wait too much longer, as Subaru announced it will be unveiling the “completely redesigned” 2022 WRX at the 2021 New York International Auto Show on August 19.

Can’t make it in person? Subaru will also be live streaming the unveiling, which you can watch here on the day of the …

Read the rest of the story

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/28/21 10:11 a.m.

No care about WRX. Want to know more about the next STi. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/28/21 10:18 a.m.

I haven't been this excited about a crossover since the Mitsubishi Eclipse.

TGMF
TGMF HalfDork
7/28/21 2:16 p.m.

Meh....It would take something really cool to get my attention now. Horsepower is everywhere.  Hopefully they bring some excitement into it. 

calteg
calteg Dork
7/28/21 2:31 p.m.

It will continue to move upmarket, both in expense and NVH. Base motor will be ~300hp, which is practically yawn inducing in 2022. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/28/21 8:58 p.m.

Still want bugeye or GC Rex more.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/21 9:35 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

GCs are getting to be legal for import.  All of the ones I have seen Stateside have been automatic though.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/28/21 9:37 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Yuck

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/21 9:49 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

I'd say it's easy enough to fix, but GC manual transmissions have always been dear in the US, since they are so easy to grenade, with the 2.5 and even with the 2.2.  They were originally designed for a negative-horsepower 1.4l pushrod engine.

I'd kind of prefer to have an automatic for just that reason.  You don't just have to find one manual for the swap, you need to find a spare, then look for another spare after you install your first spare....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FRKzUCePVs8mtAySDKCeDOJMMAHpudpJ1Qa9BuYWS0Oyn2BlOGiX76XuLzRrAVTp