Spidey
Spidey New Reader
4/15/12 10:47 p.m.

I'm the proud new owner of 1992 Miata. listed with New Brake rotors, pads and master Fairly new Tires Kumho Ecsta 205 50 15 New Radiator New Air Filter Oil Change New Drive Belts and hoses New rear panel New Battery Mods include....

Wheels...not very desirable ones, but I will include Team Dynamic wheels with R comp tires for an extra $200 Shocks are Tokico Illumina adjustable shocks with lowering springs. Flowmaster muffler and high flow cat Exhaust Headers Shift ball.

any suggestions on further mods?

miataman86
miataman86 Reader
4/27/12 1:06 a.m.

Look into getting the sway bars upgraded. Prolly the best bang for the buck upgrade for any Miata.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/27/12 1:30 a.m.

I've good things about the chassis rail reinforcement from FM too

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
4/27/12 6:01 a.m.

Get a good alignment on it. I couldn't believe how much that changed the handling on my Miata. It was like a different car. (In a good way!)

miataman86
miataman86 Reader
4/27/12 9:07 a.m.

Getting a sport setting alignment and sway bars would make your car handle way better than it already does. Chassis stiffening would bolster it to a degree, but not as much as the former 2 that were mentioned would.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UberDork
4/27/12 10:17 a.m.

New drive belts.. Does that include the timing belt? water pump?

Racing beat swaybar, koni's and coilovers and make it an STS autocross car?

(look in project cars on this site for recipe)

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Reader
4/27/12 10:27 a.m.

Buy Keith Tanner's book.

No, really.

David

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Dork
4/27/12 11:17 a.m.
DWNSHFT wrote: Buy Keith Tanner's book. No, really. David

What he said.

Also, plan on replacing your valve cover gasket and CAS o-ring sooner than later.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hWmqZbmLvR1wnGmV3G9Wy4E5kFYJ4hpRu0C9qr5U8rYgsyfn5ao62xTVnmIADxcy