1 2 3
stroker
stroker UberDork
7/8/21 5:32 p.m.

Y'know, all the GRM Hive members who plan to check out OIR when it opens should coordinate a get-together and do a little tailgating/bench racing...

FieroReinke
FieroReinke New Reader
10/12/21 9:00 a.m.

First formal professional event for at the track will be May 21-22.  The rumor mill says first open track day will be May 14-15, but this is not official yet. 

https://sportscar365.com/sro/gtwc/world-challenge-america/ozarks-round-confirmed-in-finalized-2022-schedule/?fbclid=IwAR0ZBHpAENwLDeSm_Zk6CqmXRYM1EYXeaCLsnh53d49j9zfQ5d5DjRF3WRs

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
10/12/21 9:08 a.m.

Private days are going to be pricey. It's ~$20k to rent the track including track workers, insurance, etc. based on what a local group has arranged with them. From my understanding they have 30 cars signed up with around $750 per car. To my knowledge they will be the first private group to run the track. It's too spendy for me, so hoping the TNiA or similar will be more budget friendly.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/12/21 9:18 a.m.

The champcar championship is being held at this track the first week of may in 2022.

I'm excited!

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/12/21 10:21 a.m.

In reply to FieroReinke :

Actually it's in a few weeks for those in the NASA central division championship. Limited to 50 drivers and I believe all slots are filled. 

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
10/16/22 7:52 p.m.

I know this is an older thread, but I just spent the weekend there with the VSCDA group and all I can say is WOW, what a track!

Extremely technical, but really fun (and more than a little scary till you learn the track) with huge elevation changes, lots of variety of corners - off camber, on camber, blind crests, whoop de doo's - it has pretty much everything.

I'm not a racecar driver anymore, my fast days were in the late 1960's but I did get to take some laps during the lunchtime in my '09 MINI Cooper S and boy howdy was it fun! My co driver was a Sprite racecar champ (Scott Schmidt) and he very quickly had most of the corners figured out. We weren't driving race speeds, but we weren't just doing parade laps either, and we were being paced by a lovely 64 Jag E-Type convertible - the driver clearly knew his way around the track. 

Best of all, in addition to the beautiful fall weather of sunny skies and mild temps with low humidity were all the terrific spots you could watch from. In one such location you could see three major different parts of track!

Here is a tiny You Tube vid I took earlier today when things were pretty much winding down for the day, just to show one of the great vantage points. This vid and most of the in car vids really don't do justice to the steepness of these hills!

Rumor has it they're going to bring IMSA and NASCAR there next season.

Oh, and we stayed at a motel in Laurie, 10 min from the track. plenty of restaurants there in Laurie, too. But be aware, like in a lot of small towns, there are no smoking restrictions in most of these restaurants in this part of Missouri.

Ozark Intl 10162022 - YouTube

stroker
stroker PowerDork
10/16/22 8:00 p.m.

In reply to MiniDave :

I really wanted to go to that this weekend.  Other commitments intervened...  Perhaps next year. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/16/22 8:12 p.m.

In reply to MiniDave :

IMSA and Nascar already published their 2023 schedules. So nothing there in 2023 except for maybe testing.

It is a cool track though. I'll probably be down there for at least 1 event next year. It is a nice place for sure. 

FieroReinke
FieroReinke Reader
10/17/22 9:11 a.m.

In reply to MiniDave :

I was at turn 4 as a spectator and really enjoyed the vintage racing.  I checked my pictures and video and I took some video and pictures the E-Type but didnt get any of your Mini.   I cant wait until I can get my locost on the track.  

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon Dork
10/17/22 2:14 p.m.
bmw88rider said:

In reply to MiniDave :

IMSA and Nascar already published their 2023 schedules. So nothing there in 2023 except for maybe testing.

It is a cool track though. I'll probably be down there for at least 1 event next year. It is a nice place for sure. 

Track would need massive reconstruction for most major racing among other things they screwed up the front straight.

Olemiss540
Olemiss540 HalfDork
10/17/22 3:08 p.m.

I also absolutely LOVED this track. Grounds, facilities, track, etc were all fantastic. Rented a golf cart while I wasn't driving I ran around the grounds to see various vantage points. Elevation changes are crazy and better have the suspension up to snuff as compression is absurd and everywhere. 

This will be on my list to hit atleast yearly along with an Airbnb on the lake and a couple of extra days penciled in at the Ozarks.....

Blessed to have another option (especially one this incredible) in the midwest.

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
10/17/22 3:56 p.m.

Agreed - I had a fantastic time and plan to go at least once each season, since it's only a 2 1/2 hour drive and it's affordable to stay and eat there.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QiGqjh9K8vS1gLOF1aYcIRF15rpdzTVdNnVDgZin6e6yLs05Et368Adns9U6W1hx