1 2
irish44j
irish44j New Reader
7/4/09 2:38 p.m.

took its farthest drive since the rebuild today, about 25 miles though the woodland roads near where I live. I have to build up trust to drive the car farther and farther from home each time.

Ran well today, and the wheel/tire setup reallymakes these roads more enjoyable. temp gauge was pegged in the red the whole time but I think it's just off, since the sender is new, running with no thermostat, and just flushed the entire engine and had almost no gunk in there or the radiator....

Also getting a bit of rear-end vibration over about 50mph even on smooth roads, which annoys me greatly since the diff is newly rebuilt and the rear wheels just balanced. Need to check the u-joints on the driveshafts and axles. I rebuilt all of them but suspect something is out of balance or alignment someplace, especially since I get an occasionall "clunk" going from R to 1st, as if there is some play in a u-joint someplace....ugh.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/4/09 3:04 p.m.
irish44j wrote: ...need to do something about those tailpipes....like condense them into two singles...

Nooooooooooo!!!!!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
7/4/09 3:44 p.m.

Nice job, I always liked the GT6, here I go again.............

irish44j
irish44j New Reader
7/4/09 7:02 p.m.
Woody wrote:
irish44j wrote: ...need to do something about those tailpipes....like condense them into two singles...
Nooooooooooo!!!!!

lol...the four just seems a bit excessive for a 1998cc I6 :)

I'd like two pipes, slightly bigger :)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dUHwxquXw65HZMxsNSiHqQYv9Y3QgJ6i2HpmmTPuVX5med0vdwuvJnjSxOXi376c