BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/20/10 10:57 p.m.

No, not the bill I got for some service and 'fix this here leak' work ... That was rather on the Oops side,

I had noticed that it had Bilsteins fitted and I also noticed that the steering wheel didn't turn that much from lock to lock.

Looks like the previous owner forgot to mention that it has the Z52 Sport handling package fitted , as I confirmed by checking the glovebox sticker.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
5/21/10 1:02 a.m.

Nice 'Vette! C4's look great as convertibles.

Brotus7
Brotus7 Reader
5/21/10 9:08 a.m.

Z52?

Do you mean Z51?

RossD
RossD Dork
5/21/10 9:57 a.m.

Z51? "Yes, but this one goes to Z52."

BoxheadTim
5/21/10 9:58 a.m.

Nope, Z52. Similar but not the same - IIRC Z52 does without the even stiffer springs that the Z51 package has, otherwise they're very similar.

Z51 wasn't available on the convertibles from what I read on the Internet, only Z52.

Cotton
Cotton HalfDork
5/21/10 10:07 a.m.

Did I miss a thread? Where are the pics and rest of the details? I remember seeing the CL link in another thread, but not the actual "hey I purchased this car!" thread

BoxheadTim
5/21/10 10:30 a.m.

I still don't have any decent pictures as we're in the middle of getting ready to move up to Lake Tahoe (new job up there, starting Monday). There was only a 'hey I purchased it' comment in the thread you're referring to.

More details once we settle in a little and I have Internet connectivity again up there.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/21/10 10:41 a.m.

Z52 is a better choice in a convertible. Maybe it was the only choice if you wanted to upgrade.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N9UkUG4NuKheeVA4M60IfetdaQV5hLopuGwD7lKyeIgl8WDRbazoOhPceMc6uIfo