1 2
Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/11/15 9:53 a.m.

BTW...the hatch topper is called a "Sportbak." The t-top stowage under the rear floor is pretty clever. I loved mine at the time but in retrospect (and with a lot more automotive experience/context) it was slow and ill-handling.

olpro
olpro Reader
5/11/15 10:30 a.m.

Early sketches of the Pulsar NX

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/11/15 12:00 p.m.

^^^pretty true to form. Wish the first spoiler and turbo made it to production.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
5/11/15 1:13 p.m.

In reply to Tyler H:

Cool, I'll try that tonight. I still have to get the bugger off the trailer. 4pm-2am jaunt from Muncie, IN to 20min outside Adrian, MI was plagued with issues. Flat tire, multiple strap checks, and a PITA time loading/unloading. The good news is that this thing has a very healthy remaining budget for a challenge car and has most of what it needs already. The issue will be dialing in the handling, adding a little power(cams or spray...such choices), otherwise de-rice and de-stupid some things to clean it up.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
5/11/15 4:12 p.m.

I earned a "birds don't E36 M3 in their own nest" speech from my dad when we test drove one of these when they were new. Compared to the rusty GLC I was used to driving that thing felt pretty quick. Turns out squealing the inner tire around a cul-de-sac within ear shot of my house (and my dad) was not a good idea. He ended up buying a 1987 Prelude Si instead, but I think he really wanted a Celica (salesman was a dick at the Toyota place).

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
5/12/15 12:25 a.m.

Hmm, well....its waiting for the Raptor to not be torn apart in the garage.

Front needs adjusted down still, kinda glad it wasn't, otherwise the oil pan would have made the trailer loading interesting.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/12/15 12:33 a.m.

Wow, looks clean!

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
5/12/15 1:58 a.m.

Sweet! Engine bay shot?

RossD
RossD PowerDork
5/12/15 7:33 a.m.
sethmeister4 wrote: Sweet! Engine bay shot?

Yeah, no doubt! Pictures!

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
5/12/15 8:18 p.m.
RossD wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive.

Some bad news, it isn't as rust free as I expected. I am going to have to replace the rockers by the looks of it. The floor is clean, but the rockers need new tin welded in(my buddy said he'd do it for a sixer and the metal) lol

The good news is that the trans wasn't broken like was expected, the shifter itself is just fubar'd.

So, after a sixer hit to the budget, scrap metal, and a FMV of $50 for a replacement rod shifter(I have like 5 of them I can't sell for $50 even)......I would still have well over a grand budget left if I were to challenge it.

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy Reader
5/12/15 11:50 p.m.

Nice score! Now how about stuffing another one of those engines in the other end?

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/12/15 11:54 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
RossD wrote:
Ask and ye shall receive. Some bad news, it isn't as rust free as I expected. I am going to have to replace the rockers by the looks of it. The floor is clean, but the rockers need new tin welded in(my buddy said he'd do it for a sixer and the metal) lol The good news is that the trans wasn't broken like was expected, the shifter itself is just fubar'd. So, after a sixer hit to the budget, scrap metal, and a FMV of $50 for a replacement rod shifter(I have like 5 of them I can't sell for $50 even)......I would still have well over a grand budget left if I were to challenge it.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
5/13/15 10:12 p.m.
Boost_Crazy wrote: Nice score! Now how about stuffing another one of those engines in the other end?

While that would help weight distribution, I'm convinced a front bias in a front driving car doesn't really effect the car

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/13/15 11:59 p.m.

But think of a basket of snakes intake setup under the kammback!

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
5/14/15 7:21 a.m.
mndsm wrote: But think of a basket of snakes intake setup under the kammback!

Seriously....do it for the children....

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
5/14/15 7:36 a.m.

That looks like a hoot! 5-speed?

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
5/14/15 8:17 a.m.
2002maniac wrote: That looks like a hoot! 5-speed?

Yeppers

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
5/14/15 9:20 a.m.

That should be a little bit scary to drive. Looks like fun

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
5/14/15 11:30 p.m.

In reply to clutchsmoke:

Indeed. I can't wait to start working on it after I get done at Mecum this week.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
5/18/15 1:02 p.m.

Quick question guys, anyone know where to find specific parts like a door seal? A forum other than the exa group would be beneficial as well(most of the exa guys are aussies)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pladSWAWCXZ01P3BvWVkDaGHMCpnZCUBdzLf6Sb0BFPlQeUEXmbJbXFXhZu5N9VT