GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/13 4:39 p.m.

At some point I wanted to get a CSF #2778 radiator. I don't need it right now, I have a working stock radiator that's sufficient for the engine as it is.

But this radiator isn't just the only drop-in-replacement, affordable, all-aluminum 2-row radiator for my car. It's the only better drop-in replacement and only new drop-in replacement option that isn't junk.

Now they're out of production, gone from the manufacturer's website. No hits when searching but that hasn't changed in over a year. Anyone know where I might find one? I can't afford to import one right now but I might be able to send one to family in the states and have them mail it down later when I can afford to pay more than the radiator's price in duty and shipping.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe Dork
11/8/13 4:47 p.m.

Looks to be more then a few in stock on Amazon.

GameboyRMH
11/8/13 5:11 p.m.

Got links? I can't turn up any, no results for "csf 2778"

Edit: Also looked through all the results for "csf corolla radiator" and googled "site:amazon.com csf 2778"

2778 is the oem model of an Outback radiator, that's not it.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/13 5:15 p.m.

Have you contacted the manufacturer?

GameboyRMH
11/8/13 5:18 p.m.

Only checked their online catalog, which it isn't in anymore. A couple months ago I checked it and it showed "only remaining stock will be sold" or something like that for stock status.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/8/13 6:39 p.m.

Amazon's a mess, with a number of entries for CSF Metal Radiator with no part number or fitment info.

I will note this, though: When I went to csfimports.com, I found fitment for 88 through 92 Corollas was the CSF 2477, but that had plastic tanks. But if I went to the "racing and high performance radiator" category, I got one fitment covering 88 through92, metal tanks, number 3078. Unlike the plastic-tank 2477, this one has no notes about being discontinued beyond current stock.

Between your avatar and anther thread where I found your reference to 2778, I'm guessing this is the right era of Corolla; if not, please let us know...

I was hoping to finish this post with a link to a 3078 for sale, but so far I've struck out on Amazon and Ebay...

Keith Tanner
11/8/13 6:41 p.m.

I'd recommend contacting them directly. Online catalogs are handy, but they're not always 100% accurate. Even an email with clear questions would be effective.

GameboyRMH
11/8/13 6:48 p.m.

The 3078 looks like the equivalent of the 2778 for the 4AF engine, the top coolant port is in the center instead of coming off the side. Odd that they discontinued the one for the more popular 4AGE first.

I'll send them an email and see if they have any more 2778s.

Keith Tanner
11/8/13 7:27 p.m.

More likely they ran out of stock of an old, old production run of the 4AGE first because it's more popular. Relatively speaking.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/8/13 7:37 p.m.

I'm going to assume that it's another case of application consolidation with the continued Hoovering of the automotive aftermarket by LKQ.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/11/13 6:52 a.m.

if you don't find any contact mishimoto's US HQ out of wilmington, del. They'll do a custom if you supply the dimensions and everything i've gotten from them has exceeded my expectations

GameboyRMH
11/11/13 7:14 a.m.

I know, but Mishimoto makes sure your wallet is made to understand the full extent of their high quality product and excellent warranty...the CSF #2778 was selling for around $250 IIRC.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0tMstxr215urTWFLrRpvrGifeh1g32Jo8qUiiQAf5yTKQbzGWrC20TqTzSVac0yh