1 2
Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
1/6/23 7:06 p.m.

But if Porsche can do this to a 911, why not? I kinda think if this goes offroad it might come back on a hook, but in the meantime? I can't hate it.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
1/6/23 7:49 p.m.

Major fist bump here!!! more Pics!!!

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
1/6/23 10:20 p.m.

just had time for this one, bummer...

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
1/7/23 9:47 a.m.

Looks like some off-road kid inherited grandpa's Caddy, and made the best of it.  I'm jealous how cool it turned out.  

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/7/23 10:55 a.m.

Pretty cool for sure.

RacerBoy75
RacerBoy75 New Reader
1/7/23 1:31 p.m.

In the Porsche world there are always a few owners that want to put a sleeping tent on the roof of their Cayman or 911, lift the car for off-road duty, and so on. I guess they just want to be different.  It's like seeing a lowered Jeep with 40-series 200 treadwear tires on it (which I have seen, and it looked really weird).

To each their own, I guess.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/7/23 1:56 p.m.

That's awesome and I would winter DD it. I crave a lifted sedan with knobby tires and a roof basket

paddygarcia
paddygarcia GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/7/23 2:25 p.m.
RacerBoy75 said:

In the Porsche world there are always a few owners that want to put a sleeping tent on the roof of their Cayman or 911, lift the car for off-road duty, and so on. I guess they just want to be different.  It's like seeing a lowered Jeep with 40-series 200 treadwear tires on it (which I have seen, and it looked really weird).

I just sold the Boxster roof system we never used to a guy in California who was super excited to put a tent on his Boxster. Still boggled by that but his payment cleared.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
1/7/23 4:26 p.m.

Why have a 4x4? I drive mine where Side by sides and jeeps go.  Camping where there is no stalls or trailers.  

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/9/23 2:24 p.m.

Very Gambler 500.

David S. Wallens said:

Very Gambler 500.

it's a Northstar STS. more like Forbes 500.  ;-)

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
2/9/23 10:38 p.m.

This is something I don't see everyday. Arrived home this afternoon and noticed this across the street. 

Hmmm??? There is a liquor store in that parking lot..... There used to be big blue mail boxes inside those yellow post.

triumph7
triumph7 HalfDork
2/9/23 11:34 p.m.
MyMiatas said:

This is something I don't see everyday. Arrived home this afternoon and noticed this across the street. 

Hmmm??? There is a liquor store in that parking lot..... There used to be big blue mail boxes inside those yellow post.

I'm going with Kung Fu Minivan!

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
2/10/23 6:09 a.m.
RacerBoy75 said:

There's one major difference in your comparison.  Porsche has a successful history in rallye racing.  Therefore, a rallye inspired 911 isn't far fetched, I see it more as a tribute.  Don't recall Jeep having a history in hella flush.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/10/23 7:57 a.m.

What were the poles protecting?

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/10/23 11:22 a.m.
914Driver said:

The other poles.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/10/23 11:36 a.m.
iansane said:
914Driver said:

The other poles.

Swish. 

MiniDave
MiniDave Reader
2/10/23 12:27 p.m.

No comments on the "No Step On Snek" graphic?  laugh

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
2/10/23 5:27 p.m.

Second one of these I've seen.

Opti
Opti SuperDork
2/10/23 5:35 p.m.

In reply to MiniDave :

First thing I noticed. My people.

I love stuff like the caddy. A buddy constantly sends me random cars, wagons and minivans that have been lifted. Its funny because i absolutely despise lifted trucks, but love lifted E36 M3boxes. Ive got a couple of friends that flip cars and always manage to find great deals, and the conversation normally goes like this.

" I found a VW CC with a bad clutch for 400 dollars?"

"Well there is definitely money there"

"yah but its boring and i have too many projects"

"Are there any options to lift it and put a fender exit on it?'

"alright im gonna call the guy back"

codrus (Forum Supporter)
codrus (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/10/23 6:03 p.m.

I went to the open test day at Sonoma Raceway yesterday, they had an interesting mixture of cars.  Various SCCA and NASA club racing cars like my M3, a bunch of pro GT cars (Aston Martins, Mercedes, Acura), a very loud Formula Mazda, and this:

Looks like a 1980 Alfa Romeo F1 car?  I have no idea if it's real or a replica though.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
2/10/23 8:41 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

The post office relocated the two mail boxes and left the posts there that surrounded them

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
2/11/23 7:17 a.m.

I think we're turning this into another Sightings thread or Unicorn etc

MyMiatas
MyMiatas HalfDork
5/13/23 9:40 p.m.
MyMiatas said:

It happened again! Do you think the Post Office should remove those posts??

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones SuperDork
5/13/23 9:47 p.m.

In reply to MyMiatas :

No, they weed out the idiots vs having the public do it. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TV49smPVwKSGhd7JL6rUdE2W0qlm8AMrN1s2n77U75vivS71pJi3WrG1RgtvoJzJ