preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/8/21 3:49 p.m.

Crazy car! I love it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/8/21 6:08 p.m.

I veiw it as art. Very beautiful art. But as a car, it's so beyond anything I'll be able to build or afford, it might as well be a spaceship. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
1/8/21 8:45 p.m.

They have the best partner in the world with Tuthill  in the UK ,  who have build off road 911s for decades , 

Add the Singer motor and  bodywork and you have a winner , 

Tuthill  has built London to Sydney rally cars and all the other races , 

Francis Tuthill  started out doing VWs   in the 1970s   and when I visited his shop in the late 80s he was already doing 911 rally cars , real nice guy , retired now.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
1/8/21 8:57 p.m.

I suspect there will be zero Singers taken offroad.

TeamMC
TeamMC GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/8/21 9:42 p.m.

No.  that thing is as ugly as sin.  Every other Singer design is beautiful.  There is not a single thing about this that is right.  All I can assume is that some rich guy from the middle east commissioned this car, and the review of it.  Yuk, it's awful.  That is a fact, not an opinion...  Well, maybe its an opinion.    

Yeah, its cost is prohibitive, but I appreciate the details. One set of A-arms will fit four corners. Singer knew they'd need to get help to make it capable off road, hence partnering with Tuthill. I like the look, and had I the means, would surely add one to the fleetwink

My understanding is the owner/patron plans globetrotting off-road excursions with this (from the video). Also cool that he/she OK'd the reproduction of the engineering to make this possible. (Edit: to make building more like yhis).

It is supremely out of reach, but so is Scarlett Johansson. Doesn't stop my admiration of her.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/21 11:00 a.m.

Lemme get my Scorpions leather on, because I would rock that like a hurricane

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/9/21 1:05 p.m.

That's just like mine! Except that mine has a Subaru motor, and a Karmann Ghia body, and it doesn't exist yet.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LpCo3lIj4Asdg10rHK9Oz1vVsK9oNpHo1aHAIaZdOc5OngQugXOkNUT0lWsx6ioY