1 2
ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/16/08 2:07 p.m.

http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2008/07/nopi-nationals.html

NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
7/16/08 2:32 p.m.

What about the NOPI Girls? Are they unemployed? OHHHHH NOOOES!!

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
7/16/08 2:34 p.m.
The article said:The company is undergoing an organizational restructuring in light of severe adverse affects of a disappointing spring season.

Man; to be a fly on the wall at that meeting. In my head, these are all white people, btw:

"Yo B, we ain't makin' diss cash like we used to, Yo!"

"Yo, I know! we gotsta start makin' deez wings bigga, deez spinnaz mo' spinnier an' light up an' E36 M3, and deez bumpers could always look mo' prehistoricsharkier y0!"

"Yo, but the 'Megalodon' model just wasn't slammin y0! berkeley it, let's go smoke some weed."

914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
7/16/08 2:43 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: What about the NOPI Girls? Are they unemployed? OHHHHH NOOOES!!

Nope! Harnessed two of them to help clean my garage once a month.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
7/16/08 2:53 p.m.

You know that NOPI had an ad in The Mag once, right? I bought my HK$ SSQBOV from them and mentioned that I saw their ad in The Mag. Maybe if they had MORE GRM ADS then they wouldn't be having these problems, right? Who's selling ads here? Tim? Get NOPI on the phone and sell some ads. Margie, tell them you'll only come bust their kneecaps if they're 90 days late instead of the usual 60. We have to save the NOPI girls!!! The Plastic Surgeons of America need your help!!!

Mental
Mental SuperDork
7/16/08 3:09 p.m.

Looks like those girls will be back on stage #2 "so get those singles ready gentlemen...and remember, all of our lovely ladies are availible for a private dance."

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
7/16/08 3:15 p.m.

I'll take my 70 year old chinese political prisoner over a couple of quasi-hooters-whores any day. My basement is always spotless, her tiny fingers are good for honda wrenching, and my wontons are always delicious. Hell, she even cleans her own cage!

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/16/08 3:49 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
The article said:The company is undergoing an organizational restructuring in light of severe adverse affects of a disappointing spring season.
Man; to be a fly on the wall at that meeting. In my head, these are all white people, btw:

Business plan for NOPI..

1. More burnout contests

2. Find man to host that is cooler than Jaybird. (This may not be possible)

3. Foam pit needs to be foamier

4. Devolve mankind.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/16/08 3:51 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: I'll take my 70 year old chinese political prisoner over a couple of quasi-hooters-whores any day. My basement is always spotless, her tiny fingers are good for honda wrenching, and my wontons are always delicious. Hell, she even cleans her own cage!

Daaannngg. I could use one of those. Where do you order them?

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
7/16/08 4:16 p.m.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PI

sanman
sanman New Reader
7/16/08 4:52 p.m.

No worry about the NOPI girls, just check out your local Hooters. Actually, two former NOPI girls used to work at my old neighhborhood bar. Apparently, NOPI is very difficult to work for.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
7/16/08 5:02 p.m.

Well now, maybe Charity Hodges can go back to school and get that 2nd PhD in Classic literature.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/16/08 5:21 p.m.
Mental wrote: Well now, maybe Charity Hodges can go back to school and get that 2nd PhD in Classic literature.

http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_11/232000/232214/1/preview/Private_Dancer_-CHARITY-_sample_clip.mp3

No need shes a rapper now.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
7/17/08 8:50 a.m.
Jensenman wrote:
poopshovel wrote: I'll take my 70 year old chinese political prisoner over a couple of quasi-hooters-whores any day. My basement is always spotless, her tiny fingers are good for honda wrenching, and my wontons are always delicious. Hell, she even cleans her own cage!

Walmart.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/17/08 9:16 a.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Man; to be a fly on the wall at that meeting. In my head, these are all white people, btw: "Yo B, we ain't makin' diss cash like we used to, Yo!" "Yo, I know! we gotsta start makin' deez wings bigga, deez spinnaz mo' spinnier an' light up an' E36 M3, and deez bumpers could always look mo' prehistoricsharkier y0!" "Yo, but the 'Megalodon' model just wasn't slammin y0! berkeley it, let's go smoke some weed."

LMAO my thoughts exactly!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/17/08 9:30 a.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Jensenman wrote:
Walmart.

I just knew everything in Walmart came from China.. they have any newer models?

scotaku
scotaku New Reader
7/17/08 12:29 p.m.

Oh no. :yawn: What will all the :yawn: bolt on ricer boys talk about how it was so kewl :yawn: when school starts again?

gamby
gamby SuperDork
7/17/08 11:53 p.m.

Interesting.

While the "sport compact" thing is pretty much dead, here come a bunch of neat-o new subcompacts.

Seems like we're poised for another "sport compact revolution".

<--will always look back fondly on the sport compact boom of the 90's.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/18/08 12:00 a.m.

I guess this shows my age, but while in school my roommate and I used to regularly visit the Athens NOPI. NOPI was all about VW parts back then, and we'd look at stuff that he couldn't afford for his Bug. It was like a minute drive from our dorm.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/18/08 12:05 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: I guess this shows my age, but while in school my roommate and I used to regularly visit the Athens NOPI. NOPI was all about VW parts back then, and we'd look at stuff that he couldn't afford for his Bug. It was like a minute drive from our dorm.

I remember going to an aircooled show at NOPI in the mid 80's. It was very cool.

ww
ww Dork
7/18/08 2:49 a.m.

"It's the economy YO!" Jesus. what a load of garbage. It's called the "ricer" backlash! Combined with all the new "anti-street racing" BS that municipalities are enacting to "save the children". Which basically gives officers the "freedom" to harass anyone with no regard to whether they're doing something illegal or not, just because they're "spot the street racer" training doesn't cover much more than "look for wings and big mufflers" then hit them with a trip to a referee station.

P.S. I'm nearly 40 and have never been targeted this way, but my wife was pulled over back in '99 for an "illegally modified" exhaust system (e. it wasn't the original!) before any of the "street racing" crap started,

I spent about 40 hours getting affidavit's from manufacturers and distributors and researching the CA Vehicle Code and crushed the CHP in court to the extent that he stormed out of the court room before the judge threw the citation out.

Before anyone starts to think I'm a police basher, I have several friends who are sworn officers and I compete with them in various shooting competitions on a regular basis. My disdain is for people who are paid to be subject matter experts and can't deliver and that goes for any profession.

oldschoolimport
oldschoolimport New Reader
7/18/08 3:12 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote: I guess this shows my age, but while in school my roommate and I used to regularly visit the Athens NOPI. NOPI was all about VW parts back then, and we'd look at stuff that he couldn't afford for his Bug. It was like a minute drive from our dorm.
I remember going to an aircooled show at NOPI in the mid 80's. It was very cool.

yeah. I started going when it was at the fairgrounds and it was mainly VWs and lowriders. the "sport compacts" were in one of the side buildings like a circus sideshow.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/18/08 9:13 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:

Yep, the old NOPI Bug Off at the Lakewood Fairgrounds.

Raze
Raze New Reader
7/18/08 11:21 a.m.

Hey, why hasn't GRM gone out and picked up the NOPI girls? Seriously then there would be GRM girls, but technically that wouldn't be right. Since a true GRM girl needs to have really low-buck plastic surgery, and alot of scars(maybe some DIY job to 'correct' that snaggle tooth with a metal file?). I dunno but seriously why not...

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/18/08 11:56 a.m.

I totally think we need a "Women of GRM" calendar. All of the women would have their hair pulled back, wearing a stained t-shirt or tank top and a ballcap, scars/cuts/bandaids and grease on their hands.

Hehehe, or better yet, we could have them in "suggestive" poses:

• Legs in modest shorts sticking out from underneath a car
  • Bent over inside an engine bay, reaching for a socket wrench
  • Tightening the anti-sub belt on a 5-point harness
  • The "Wet t-shirt" - Pulling the neck of their shirt out so they can mist themselves with water while working a corner at an auto-x
  • "Bedroom eyes" - sprawled in the shade of a car in the pits with the front of their nomex suit open, cool-shirt underneath

The only problem is, I'm not sure we'd have enough women to do a full 12-mo. calendar

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kO1zaa8GMz3D9Mu7zUdrd1le9TDib4Yi1US2uz4NStVI4Ny6r4rHCxf7nyDAPkZC