1 2
twentyover
twentyover GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/18/08 11:57 a.m.

NASA could use them for umbrella girls.....

Thinkkker
Thinkkker SuperDork
7/18/08 11:59 a.m.

Maybe its a good thing I did not plan out my year to work with them?

I know that attendance has been down and they were trying to get in people that could help run the show. I guess it has all caught up rather quick with them.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/18/08 12:16 p.m.
Raze wrote: Hey, why hasn't GRM gone out and picked up the NOPI girls? Seriously then there would be GRM girls, but technically that wouldn't be right. Since a true GRM girl needs to have really low-buck plastic surgery, and alot of scars(maybe some DIY job to 'correct' that snaggle tooth with a metal file?). I dunno but seriously why not...

I vote for the chick in the last issue with the 68 Camaro. Hot + hot =

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/18/08 12:36 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
Raze wrote: Hey, why hasn't GRM gone out and picked up the NOPI girls? Seriously then there would be GRM girls, but technically that wouldn't be right. Since a true GRM girl needs to have really low-buck plastic surgery, and alot of scars(maybe some DIY job to 'correct' that snaggle tooth with a metal file?). I dunno but seriously why not...

I will pass that along to Liz. And she can TIG, too.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/18/08 12:45 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: I will pass that along to Liz. And she can TIG, too.

That's hot.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/18/08 1:04 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote:

I saw some of her work on Boyd's show. I was impressed. That place was a revolving door of jackasses with egos, and what little I saw of her work and attitude was A+.

David S. Wallens
7/18/08 1:09 p.m.

When we met up to photograph the Camaro, she showed me photos of a turbo manifold she made. It was art.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/18/08 2:01 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote:
I vote for the chick in the last issue with the 68 Camaro. Hot + hot = <

She can TIG?

I hereby tender an offer of marriage.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
7/20/08 10:20 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote:
I saw some of her work on Boyd's show. I was impressed. That place was a revolving door of jackasses with egos, and what little I saw of her work and attitude was A+.

That harpee/wench Jo Coddington really put the screws to her. I dunno how much was creative editing, but the way she was let go really soured me on that show.

I hope she got a decent job afterwards.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy HalfDork
7/20/08 10:44 a.m.
Jensenman wrote: She can TIG? I hereby tender an offer of marriage.

Same here, and I don't even know what she looks like.

Coupefan
Coupefan New Reader
7/20/08 10:54 a.m.

Yes, good aluminum welding skills required. Is the dance pole grounded BTW?

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
7/20/08 1:54 p.m.
gamby wrote:I hope she got a decent job afterwards.

Here's her website. http://www.milesspeed.com/ She's working for Popular Hot Rodding magazine as their new tech editor. http://blogs.popularhotrodding.com/6242528/magazine-stuff/liz-miles-joins-phr/index.html

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
7/20/08 2:01 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote:
Here's her website. http://www.milesspeed.com/ She's working for Popular Hot Rodding magazine as their new tech editor. http://blogs.popularhotrodding.com/6242528/magazine-stuff/liz-miles-joins-phr/index.html

ooo, she went to WyoTech.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
7/20/08 8:19 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote:

Good for her. Certainly turned out for the better.

Rumnhammer
Rumnhammer New Reader
7/20/08 8:40 p.m.

When I was stationed at Ft. Stewart in the late 80's my mechanic used to get all my go fast stuff from them. They had a NoPI in Savannah, but most of my stuff came from the main one in Atlanta, overnight.

This was back when it was still called Number One parts!!!! Chris Rummel

jamesp
jamesp New Reader
7/20/08 9:19 p.m.
Salanis wrote: I totally think we need a "Women of GRM" calendar. All of the women would have their hair pulled back, wearing a stained t-shirt or tank top and a ballcap, scars/cuts/bandaids and grease on their hands. Hehehe, or better yet, we could have them in "suggestive" poses: * Legs in modest shorts sticking out from underneath a car * Bent over inside an engine bay, reaching for a socket wrench * Tightening the anti-sub belt on a 5-point harness * The "Wet t-shirt" - Pulling the neck of their shirt out so they can mist themselves with water while working a corner at an auto-x * "Bedroom eyes" - sprawled in the shade of a car in the pits with the front of their nomex suit open, cool-shirt underneath The only problem is, I'm not sure we'd have enough women to do a full 12-mo. calendar

Oh yeah...

David S. Wallens
7/21/08 12:03 p.m.
oldopelguy wrote:
Jensenman wrote: She can TIG? I hereby tender an offer of marriage.
Same here, and I don't even know what she looks like.

Recent photo:

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Me6AbitcaaU133Js16aEO42GQ6eVkIA6aWmvwBSCVIhoeCV6A71RZL9A7t8r8N8Q