chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
1/3/17 6:10 p.m.

Wow we haven't done anything in awhile!

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
1/3/17 6:30 p.m.

In reply to chandlerGTi:

Should there be a Triumph 2000 arrival party?

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
1/3/17 6:33 p.m.

It's being delivered to my shop were it will sit for awhile before I tow it home...unless I have AAA do it.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
1/3/17 6:43 p.m.

Hmm this sounds tempting but we were planning on heading down fri-6-9 to see one our local WWE stars Dean Ambrose as 84FSP Junior has gotten into wrestling lately.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/3/17 7:51 p.m.
84FSP wrote: Hmm this sounds tempting but we were planning on heading down fri-6-9 to see one our local WWE stars Dean Ambrose as 84FSP Junior has gotten into wrestling lately.

I have raw tickets, trying to figure out how to get out of going with my wrestling geek buddy

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/4/17 7:23 a.m.
eastsidemav wrote: Anyone going to the Cavalcade of Customs this week in Cincinnati? I'm thinking of heading down there on Sunday.

I might be interested in going on Sunday. It's about an hour and a half drive for me.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
1/4/17 8:30 a.m.

I'll keep you updated - as long as the weather isn't totally crappy, I'm planning on going. May try to get there pretty early, to avoid the crowds.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
1/4/17 7:13 p.m.

So on for Sunday if the hive is up for it?

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
1/5/17 8:32 a.m.

Is meeting there at 10:00-10:15 to early, or is that okay? I can do later, just figuring the crowds will be bigger later I need the day. Weather is looking cold, but dry for Sunday.

Also, I'll be coming from the east side of town, so could pick people up on the way, if anyone else is east of downtown.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
1/5/17 9:14 a.m.

In reply to eastsidemav:

Hm. Haven't seen anything interesting there in years, but I might be up for a group outing of sorts.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/5/17 8:07 p.m.

Probably not, 3 hour drive is not exciting in this weather

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/6/17 8:25 a.m.

I am playing Army this weekend.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/6/17 11:52 a.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: I am playing Army this weekend.

I read that as "playing Amy this weekend..."

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/6/17 12:23 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

I am sure that would be way more fun.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
1/6/17 1:48 p.m.

Since it's looking unlikely for there to be more than a few of us going this weekend, and possibly at different times, might as well keep things informal. I'm probably going to be down there near opening times om Sunday. If anyone else thinks they'll be there in the same time frame, and would like to meet up, PM me, and I'll send you my cell number.

Oh, and I read "Army" as "Amy", too, the first time I read the post.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
2/18/17 7:46 a.m.

Almost forgot, kinda late notice but today is the Great Lakes Racing Expo at Full Throttle Indoor Karting in northern Cincy. 11725 Commons Dr, Cincinnati 45246

Lots of different racing series will be there, including our SCCA region. Door prizes I believe, a few vendors, US Race Gear now has a full retail shop there as well. 12-5pm

patgizz
2/18/17 11:23 a.m.

the piston power autorama is st patrick's day weekend at the IX center. we'll be broadcasting live on saturday or sunday, not sure which time slot yet. will let you guys know as soon as i do.

jde
jde HalfDork
2/19/17 2:25 p.m.
Jerry wrote: Almost forgot, kinda late notice but today is the Great Lakes Racing Expo at Full Throttle Indoor Karting in northern Cincy. 11725 Commons Dr, Cincinnati 45246

I'm getting good at being out of town this weekend. Missed it last year too, even though it's 20min from the house.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
2/21/17 10:20 a.m.

In reply to jde:

It was pretty dead this year.

patgizz
3/1/17 7:00 a.m.

Ok slackers.

Saturday March 18th from 3-5 we'll be live from the Summit Racing Piston Power Autorama. Stop by and see me, grab a mic and sit down for a few minutes with us. If you aren't there you can listen live on TuneIn app by finding the NoStaticRadio station. Rumors are circulating all over Twitter about interviews and guests related to the GRM world.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/12/18 2:53 p.m.

Clevelander here. Hope to meet some of you guys this season.

Are any of you in the group talking about Wednesday track days at Nelson? I've heard it's going to be once a month.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/12/18 4:29 p.m.

Not presently.  Next main thing i’m planning to be at is Super Summit on june 8th.  Have to call the track and see if you can trailer or have to drive in, because i want to get some seat time in and John Welsh says the hot ticket is friday at 2pm so i’m going to be there Friday at 2pm.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/12/18 4:45 p.m.

Super Summit Event 

Friday, June 08, 2018 through

Saturday, June 09, 2018

Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park , Norwalk, OH

Free to enter the grounds, free to drive.  

1/4 mile Fun Runs, Free Autox, Car Show, a BIgFoot Car Crush Show and  this year an Off Road Course for Trucks.  

Gates open at 2pm Friday and in years past we were  "hot lapping" the autox course in the first few hours.  By 5pm it was getting busier.  The Drag strip was hot laps also.  At most you were waiting for 5 cars ahead of you.  

Saturday is busier but still great.  I autox'ed no less than 15 runs that day in the Q45.  

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/12/18 4:51 p.m.
AxeHealey said:

Are any of you in the group talking about Wednesday track days at Nelson? I've heard it's going to be once a month.

Really now.

Hmm.

Now that I have a trackable car that won't get passed by Spec Miatas on the back straight.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/13/18 7:42 a.m.

Super Summit wasn't even on my radar. We'll be in SC that week. Looks like a great time though.

Knurled. - I can keep you in the loop if you'd like. I think they are planning to start in May.

1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 57

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hsOBcEYAG6GOpTtyaq7ix6SHWRgXvFiLZVWIbHmRawGhDeWxw8sTUpdCZLopRx62