P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/26/08 1:32 p.m.

...because he made it a freaking EDSEL!!!!

http://www.vector11.com/edselcom/unlimited/GalleryCustom.html

"If this were the April 1 update, you'd probably think this was a photoshopped hoax.. But it's real. Watch for the new 50th Anniversary edition 2008 Edsel at shows around the Southeastern US as Edseler Rob Cerame unveils his latest creation! This car started out as a Ford Crown Vic, and Rob designed and installed custom trim, bumpers, taillights, interior, wheels, etc. He maintained the integrity of this fantasy car by comparing current Ford and Mercury vehicles to stay true to the modifications that a real 2008 Edsel would include. Full photos and more details can be viewed in the Custom Creations wing of the Edsel.com Gallery."

http://www.edsel.com/

captainzib
captainzib Reader
11/26/08 1:50 p.m.

Hmm, now seems as good a time as any to complain about this. Any time a pic is posted in a thread, if it exceeds my screen width, a horizontal scroll bar that would normally be available on any other site seems to be MIA. Anyone else have this problem, know how to fix it?

And yeah, that's pug fugly.

joey48442
joey48442 Dork
11/26/08 1:53 p.m.

I have that problem too, and I thought it was my monitor, but when I switched to a wide screen, it still didn't go away.

And that is an ugly Crown Vic!

Joey

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
11/26/08 2:02 p.m.

paint it pink, give it a P71 chassis and the blown 5.4L and auto-X it...

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
11/26/08 4:04 p.m.

thats hilarious I guess not everybody hates badge engineering. this dude badge engineered to a brand thats been dead since 1960!

integraguy
integraguy Reader
11/26/08 4:16 p.m.

I can't say this looks any worse than when GM "facelifted" Chevy Caprices in the late '80s and called them Pontiac Parisiennes.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
11/26/08 4:23 p.m.
captainzib wrote: Hmm, now seems as good a time as any to complain about this. Any time a pic is posted in a thread, if it exceeds my screen width, a horizontal scroll bar that would normally be available on any other site seems to be MIA. Anyone else have this problem, know how to fix it? And yeah, that's pug fugly.

+1. I don't see the right side of half the pictures posted.

alex
alex Reader
11/26/08 4:34 p.m.

I get a scroll bar. OSX, Firefox.

DrBoost
DrBoost Reader
11/26/08 4:37 p.m.

Scroll bar MIA or not, having to scroll from left to right is a PITA!!! PLEASE get rid of that crap on the left side. I'll even pay you!

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
11/26/08 4:46 p.m.
captainzib wrote: Hmm, now seems as good a time as any to complain about this. Any time a pic is posted in a thread, if it exceeds my screen width, a horizontal scroll bar that would normally be available on any other site seems to be MIA. Anyone else have this problem, know how to fix it? And yeah, that's pug fugly.

Yes. Upgrade to any modern browser. Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE 7 or 8... anything at all.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla New Reader
11/26/08 4:48 p.m.

that car looks go. . . . . roflmfao!!! I couldn't type that without crying!

Nomad
Nomad Reader
11/26/08 4:54 p.m.

that front end looks more suggestive than the BMW "..gina" concept

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
11/26/08 5:27 p.m.

Not only is it ugly the gap beteewn the hood and the front faesha are not even.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 HalfDork
11/26/08 5:38 p.m.
Volksroddin wrote: Not only is it ugly the gap beteewn the hood and the front faesha are not even.

That's what makes it an Edsel

Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
11/26/08 5:57 p.m.

Would like to see the build process. I wonder if the bumpers are fibreglass or plastic.

Stuc
Stuc HalfDork
11/26/08 6:23 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: paint it pink, give it a P71 chassis and the blown 5.4L and auto-X it...

pink might not be the best color...

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
11/26/08 6:36 p.m.

there is a big vajayjay in the bumper..

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
11/26/08 6:39 p.m.

custom wheels? so chrome v6 mustang wheels count as "custom" now?

ArtOfRuin
ArtOfRuin Reader
11/26/08 7:10 p.m.

It looks like an Alfa gone horribly, horribly wrong. Or like sombody punched the Vic in the nose hard enough to leave an imprint.

Doc_1
Doc_1 New Reader
11/26/08 7:45 p.m.

I have heard but now I know we are losing the war on drugs

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Reader
11/26/08 10:22 p.m.

I can't help but be reminded of "Naked Lunch" when I look at the front of this thing... ugh.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
11/27/08 12:38 p.m.

Front is ugly. Bad use of mustang wheels. Tail lights almost look nice? Whats wrong with me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CQg8Ra3nmFj0tzzyVVer5dmffuUMVxnIzMVnSOLAeVg3MRkLJtJuwZAitDwSs7yO