1 2 3 4
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
8/9/22 10:10 a.m.

So, if Windows was still distributed on 3.5" floppies, how many disks would be necessary to do an install?  How long would it take?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
8/9/22 10:20 a.m.
MyMiatas said:

Well did the headquarters get purchased??

Not yet, but we have a few people seriously considering it. Sounds like we might get an offer this week. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/9/22 11:35 a.m.

Tom,

As we discussed during the showing. We got the offer together early.   I know you may be waiting on other offers but I think you will agree this is a strong proposal.   We can take occupancy immediately, and waive a PPI.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/25/22 3:16 p.m.

Any updates?  New digs' address?

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/25/22 4:35 p.m.

We have a contract on the building and the buyer is about halfway through their 90 day due diligence period, things are trucking along. We plan to move next month into smaller digs right next door in a MCM office building we are just finishing renovating.

Margie

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/25/22 6:20 p.m.

MCM?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/22 6:38 p.m.

I'm guessing mid century modern. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/25/22 6:38 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

1900 in Roman numerals.  Sorry best I could come up with.

Marjorie Suddard
11/25/22 7:51 p.m.

Oop, sorry, yeah, mid century modern. AKA a funky little rectangle of a building.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
11/25/22 7:54 p.m.

I was under the impression that you (GRM) were making the big switch to working from home?? 

Stampie
11/25/22 8:08 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:

Oop, sorry, yeah, mid century modern. AKA a funky little rectangle of a building.

The big question is will there a sign outside so that we can take selfies when passing by?

Marjorie Suddard
11/25/22 8:16 p.m.
MyMiatas said:

I was under the impression that you (GRM) were making the big switch to working from home?? 

We pretty much have--the new building has 4 offices and a common room compared to our present 12 offices plus car showroom, conference room and shipping/storage department. A couple of people prefer being in-office full time, I do a mix of office/wfh, and we need a flex workspace and small shipping area, but drop-shipping store stuff and wfh for everyone else means we mostly have a big empty building right now. And Stampie, probably not much of a photo op, but JG can photoshop you something :D.

Margie

Stampie
11/25/22 8:29 p.m.

In reply to Marjorie Suddard :

JG photoshoping me something worries me.

Marjorie Suddard
11/25/22 8:39 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

It really should.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/25/22 9:39 p.m.
ddavidv said:

Williamsport isn't exactly a tourist destination. It is, however, close to many miles of wonderful roads, many of them dirt. STPR rally happens not far away. 

This has nothing to do with GRM HQ. Just flexing my local knowledge muscle.

GRM building a new HQ right next to the Little League Hall of Fame in Williamsport!

Also right down the road: Clyde Peeling's Reptiland....on the way to STPR!~

side note: for the price you're selling at, you could almost afford a boring, average house here in Northern Virginia :)

wait, I mean I could sell my house and buy GRM HQ.......but that's a long, long way from any rally, sadly. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/25/22 10:10 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard said:
MyMiatas said:

We pretty much have--the new building has 4 offices and a common room compared to our present 12 offices plus car showroom, conference room and shipping/storage department. A couple of people prefer being in-office full time, I do a mix of office/wfh, and we need a flex workspace and small shipping area, but drop-shipping store stuff and wfh for everyone else means we mostly have a big empty building right now. And Stampie, probably not much of a photo op, but JG can photoshop you something :D.

Margie

Is this right next door at 917 ridgeway ave.?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/25/22 10:13 p.m.

malibuguy
malibuguy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/25/22 10:48 p.m.

All this WFH talk has me wishing I had any skills to do something like that.

I have a feeling my kinda of work will be obsolete before I am

Tom Suddard
11/26/22 7:40 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Yep! That will be our new address in a few weeks if all goes according to plan. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/26/22 9:18 a.m.

There's no parking ....just one car port. Is this to deter visitors/lingerrrrz?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/27/22 10:04 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

We're going to operate as a drive-thru. 

Tom Suddard
11/27/22 10:16 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

We'll have a few spaces--as soon as construction is done we'll post some photos of it finished. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/27/22 10:40 a.m.
irish44j (Forum Supporter) said:
ddavidv said:

Williamsport isn't exactly a tourist destination. It is, however, close to many miles of wonderful roads, many of them dirt. STPR rally happens not far away. 

This has nothing to do with GRM HQ. Just flexing my local knowledge muscle.

GRM building a new HQ right next to the Little League Hall of Fame in Williamsport!

Also right down the road: Clyde Peeling's Reptiland....on the way to STPR!~

side note: for the price you're selling at, you could almost afford a boring, average house here in Northern Virginia :)

wait, I mean I could sell my house and buy GRM HQ.......but that's a long, long way from any rally, sadly. 

I just drove past Reptile Land last week!

Tom Suddard
12/20/22 12:06 p.m.

Our new building is nearly finished!

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
12/26/22 9:18 p.m.

Very interesting! Kind of old school style. Is it just a revamp of an existing building? 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cP9tTbmUWWa7K5zQP0Ww7FdERepDnL1AWyZRs2NaMNIh7SNFXzRlYhGTmEeZhP2S