1 2
JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
8/8/17 8:34 p.m.

So in an unexpected twist I actually got a message back from this seller,

RX4 for sale

He is interested in a trade with my RX8 S2 sport which again I did NOT expect, so long and short old school rotary folks aside from the lack of 12A parts what should I look for, no its not an FD but wow its good looking!!!

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
8/8/17 8:41 p.m.

I am jealous. I regret selling my RX-4 very much, and now the old-school rotary stuff has pretty much inflated beyond my price range. Pre-RX7 rotary parts have been shooting up in value like CRAZY over the last 5 years or so, so be prepared to spend when you need something.

You could always convert it back to 13b if you can't find the 12A stuff you need. It had a 13B originally anyhow, as I imagine you are aware.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
8/8/17 9:05 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD:

It was so unexpected, just wished him a GLWS and a half joking will trade my 8 and never expected a response back!

A Streetport S4 would be interesting in this application IMHO, If I get it I would have to have a long talk with fidelity101.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project New Reader
8/8/17 9:10 p.m.

Rust, especially in the rockers, floors, door sills and frame where the suspension connects. The 12a is a beast and you can still get plenty of good parts for it. I'd assume since you're already a rotary owner you're familiar with Mazdatrix, Racing Beat, and Atkins Rotary, as well as the RX7club forums, which are a great resource for used 12a parts. If you decide to go through with it, enjoy! I love RX4s.

That particular car has been for sale for a long time. I know a few people on Facebook have gone and checked it out, there were some things they were wary of but it didn't sound like anything serious. If the guy trades, I'd say you're getting one hell of a deal.

79sa
79sa New Reader
8/8/17 9:22 p.m.

I really havent had problems with 12a parts in my area at least. They still seem to be out there. Typicaly deals can be had too, as everyone seems to want to jump to either a 13b or something with pistons

79sa
79sa New Reader
8/8/17 9:25 p.m.

curious on details of the rx8 that you offered up also. The rarity of the rx4 sure would be hard to pass on

ChasH
ChasH New Reader
8/8/17 11:08 p.m.

RX-4s had a 13B, not a 12A, engine.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 SuperDork
8/8/17 11:52 p.m.

I'd rather have the RX8... The 4 is nostalgic and all that but the 8 is a better driving experience.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/9/17 4:22 a.m.

very jealous man, she's a beaut!

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
8/9/17 10:15 a.m.

DAYUM! do it. try and get some cash on top though, look out for rust and get rid of the 17s, it looks gawdy on something that small. the leather rx8 seats are an odd touch, it doesnt seem to have AC. I would have opted for a cloth one. the 160 degree thermostat is a bad idea, toss that E36 M3 out it will cause carbon build up and poor fuel economy if it has a heating issue and he solved it with that better to look into it.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
8/9/17 10:44 a.m.

Not very many left. I would probably jump on that deal with both feet.

79rex
79rex New Reader
8/9/17 4:47 p.m.

In reply to ChasH:

It originally had a 13b,the one in the link is 12a though

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
8/9/17 6:29 p.m.
79rex wrote: In reply to ChasH: It originally had a 13b,the one in the link is 12a though

The possibility of a frankenwankel is likely high here for better or worse, I've never really had a soon to be classic so I think this might be a good next step pending how it looks

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
8/10/17 9:36 a.m.

So, did you buy this yet?

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
8/10/17 11:25 a.m.

In reply to JamesMcD:

Lol going to shoot an offer today and see what happens.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
8/10/17 11:28 a.m.

In reply to 79sa:

Its a 2010 RX8 sport I'm in no rush to get rid of but have been wanting more of a project as of late.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
8/10/17 12:18 p.m.

Good luck! I hope you get it so I can live vicariously through you!

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
8/10/17 12:24 p.m.
amg_rx7 wrote: I'd rather have the RX8... The 4 is nostalgic and all that but the 8 is a better driving experience.

That depends on what you want to experience.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
8/10/17 3:26 p.m.

So when is the build thread?

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
8/15/17 5:30 p.m.
fidelity101 wrote: So when is the build thread?

Well I hate to say it but it looks like it will be with you folks (for now...,) I took the weekend to evaluate the finances and its just not in the cards for me right now, The seller is a good and reasonable guy that wants to stay in the rotary game if possible (S2 rx8 folks......) but seems like he would be interested in solid trades.

Free bump for the seller.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/16/17 1:23 p.m.

Would sell for serious $ downunder

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
8/16/17 2:12 p.m.

Well I got an S2 touring hardtop... or see if he would trade for a 10AE?

ROTARY ROAD TRIP SWAP!!!!!!!

very tempting...

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
8/16/17 4:59 p.m.

Oh that is lovely... too bad it isn't in the cards right now.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
8/16/17 6:23 p.m.
fidelity101 wrote: Well I got an S2 touring hardtop... or see if he would trade for a 10AE? ROTARY ROAD TRIP SWAP!!!!!!! very tempting...

I really think he would, shoot him an email, he seems like he really wants to say with the rotary community and I want to see this go to someone on GRM.

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
8/16/17 9:07 p.m.

I did he is interested, just not sure if i wanna give up my 10ae yet, the rx8 cant go i need a daily and its the most reliable vehicle I own.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XBn2gX4QBTzud32uERuhUrGAkciDeMZ5YiFRGGowLabWtjdyGIM1MzUtJsA03eCJ