1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74
John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/22/09 2:05 p.m.

Oh yeah! THAT"S where I heard it!

problemaddict
problemaddict Reader
9/23/09 10:07 a.m.

Keith, please post any pix of box-flared MGB's that you may find. My mind's picture of the future of my MGB includes massive flares, but i can't really picture box-flares on a 'B. I'd love to see examples...

What i'd LOVE are the Tuckin99 style flares on an MGB, but i can't afford them and don't think i have the skill to fab them from fiberglass:

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/09 10:52 a.m.

Ah, I'm not personally that big a fan of the rivet-on look. Although my Mini has them.

Box flares on an MG, coming up! Remember how I said it was subtle? Like, really subtle. From Ken Biermann's car.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/23/09 11:03 a.m.

It seems most flared MGBs end up with the semi-factory "sebring" flares:

MostExaltedPotentate
MostExaltedPotentate Reader
9/23/09 11:33 a.m.

piling on...

Keith
9/23/09 11:39 a.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: It seems most flared MGBs end up with the semi-factory "sebring" flares:

Yeah, they look like a tumor A lot of the V8 guys use flares cut out of an Omni. Not box flares, though.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/23/09 11:44 a.m.

I'm not a fan either. Personally, I think MG flares should be sorta box flarey, go to the top of the fender line, and keep the chrome strip line. Something like the more coke-bottle shape of an NB vs an NA. But I've never seen them done that way.

Keith
9/23/09 12:32 p.m.

There's not much room to flare if you limit yourself to the chrome strip in the front. I'm going to try to keep it as much as I can though.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/23/09 12:37 p.m.

That's why I think it should go to the top of the fenderline... have a shallower falling radius. You'd keep the general front fender shape, only a bit more bulbous overall from the headlight back toward pretty close to the door.

Think box flare, but instead of stopping at the trim line it come on up the fender and blends nicely with the existing top-of-fender line.

That would let you keep the chrome strip nicely without the flare getting in the way. Although the more rounded fender might end up being slightly longer, trim-wise.

I should probably draw a picture of what I have in my head or photoshop it or something

ZOOMX5
ZOOMX5 New Reader
9/23/09 1:51 p.m.

My paintshop edit of an E30 M3 turned into a hatchback concept with better boxflares than normal. I used Envizio Wheel wizard for the original car model, then modified it.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/09 2:49 p.m.
RossD wrote:

Does anyone get a chubby looking at the CRX / Metro Convertible behind the awesomeness?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/23/09 4:30 p.m.

no, but the early Celicas diverted a little bit of blood...

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo Reader
9/24/09 10:16 p.m.

Did someone say Flair?

EricM
EricM HalfDork
9/24/09 10:34 p.m.
ZOOMX5 wrote: My paintshop edit of an E30 M3 turned into a hatchback concept with better boxflares than normal. I used Envizio Wheel wizard for the original car model, then modified it.

cut some of that fat lip bumper off and I would tatally rock that s.h.i.t!!!

paul
paul New Reader
9/25/09 6:25 p.m.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/25/09 7:28 p.m.
EricM wrote:
ZOOMX5 wrote: My paintshop edit of an E30 M3 turned into a hatchback concept with better boxflares than normal. I used Envizio Wheel wizard for the original car model, then modified it.
cut some of that fat lip bumper off and I would tatally rock that s.h.i.t!!!

So basically you want an M3 powered Lancia?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/25/09 8:58 p.m.

I never thought I could utter these words, but I would sell my Camaro for that Lada, no really

TJ
TJ HalfDork
9/25/09 9:58 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: I never thought I could utter these words, but I would sell my Camaro for that Lada, no really

I too would sell your Camaro for that Lada....that thing is sick.

TJ
TJ HalfDork
9/25/09 10:11 p.m.

Here is another example of an MGBGT with Sebring flares. Not box flares, but I like this car.

Here's a write up on the car: link

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
9/25/09 10:15 p.m.

Hmmm. Box flares might just work on the Tracer; I'll have to play with this. Sounds like a worth-while change for the '10 Challenge if nothing else :).

ValuePack
ValuePack HalfDork
9/26/09 12:23 p.m.

From NASIOC:

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/27/09 2:28 p.m.

bruce wayne. ha.

rwdsport
rwdsport New Reader
9/27/09 2:54 p.m.
paul wrote:

Im in love... Cleanup in aisle keyboard...

4eyes
4eyes New Reader
9/27/09 9:28 p.m.

This looks like an Ur Quattro! BMW should make these instead of cars that look like a Camry

lewbud
lewbud New Reader
9/29/09 12:34 p.m.

For Keith. Some Greenwood Corvette goodness.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 74

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oEGep1KlIVE9u5ng4h59vsYhiBKaxL2EvsxzaFPzG74Pv76Lemusgl7cxgYczRYb