David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/13/22 9:49 a.m.
feature_image

A little more than a year ago, our poor Miata sat in the corner of our garage dirty, moldy and stagnant. Our best guess is that the car hadn’t seen sunlight for some eight years.

So we planned a little R&R. What would it take to get the car back on the road? The car ran when parked, but …

Read the rest of the story

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/13/22 12:45 p.m.

And that, is exactly why I love my Spec. Miata.  I've run mine for close to 20 events without doing anything other than oil changes, tires and one set of brake pads.  Most of the time I close it in the trailer at the end of the weekend and don't even look at it until the next weekend.

It currently needs an engine but that's more on the shiny happy people who stole it and ran it without coolant than the car.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/14/22 9:36 a.m.

In reply to APEowner :

And that is the beauty of the Miata. Going in, I really planned on a year of sorting and fixes once the car was up and running. And, after all those events and more than 2000 miles, that never happened. Just been running (and cleaning) it.

But there are some things that the car can use as it's still 30 years old. So, yeah, more updates to come.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2OWcKo18wcYMsCzqpw296X2IGkxdmtvoCZtazWuccxJ0eF2r8UKO9zWTeo9FeWLF