1 2
singleslammer
singleslammer Reader
7/31/12 10:40 a.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

I think that you need a hood too. This is a Singer 911 and they run many dollars. Like 6 figures is a base price.

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
7/31/12 10:56 a.m.

I'm currently day-dreaming about a '99 Carrera 4 for sale at the local Lotus dealer:

http://www.princetonlotus.com/ViewContemporary.aspx?id=418

Even with the low mileage, it seems about $10K over-priced according to Edmunds. Looks nice, though...

allen_m
allen_m New Reader
7/31/12 7:40 p.m.

In reply to oldtin: Jack Olsen's hot rod from Garage Journal. Another fun place to go.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/31/12 7:59 p.m.
oldtin wrote:
Knurled wrote: It's like owning an FB, but with a cantankerous, funny-sounding engine. Wait a minute.
Out of the piles of cars I've owned, the 911s were the ones that always started and got me where I wanted to go. Pretty easy to work on and maintenance parts were very reasonable.

Same with my FBs, actually.

How about this: It's like owning an FB, but without the bordering-on-religious-zealotry idolization of the car's idiosyncrasies by the True Believer owner base?

Hmm, not that either...

njansenv
njansenv Dork
7/31/12 8:15 p.m.

Bastards. All of you.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/1/12 2:38 p.m.

Again, not in the $20k range, but definitely on my "To own" list...

RS America

(F*$# Yeah!)

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/1/12 5:15 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: I like dis: My wallet doesn't.

I can't even add enough NNNs to HHNNNNNNNNGGG!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
8/1/12 5:23 p.m.

I'll take any Slantnose, and i also need the most obnoxiously flared 930 on the face of the planet.

Rauh Welt would do nicely.

Winston
Winston Reader
8/2/12 9:26 a.m.
Knurled wrote:
oldtin wrote:
Knurled wrote: It's like owning an FB, but with a cantankerous, funny-sounding engine. Wait a minute.
Out of the piles of cars I've owned, the 911s were the ones that always started and got me where I wanted to go. Pretty easy to work on and maintenance parts were very reasonable.
Same with my FBs, actually. How about this: It's like owning an FB, but without the bordering-on-religious-zealotry idolization of the car's idiosyncrasies by the True Believer owner base? Hmm, not that either...

Porsche 911: It's like owning an FB, but non-car people actually think your car is cool instead of just old.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/12 9:37 a.m.
Winston wrote: Porsche 911: It's like owning an FB, but non-car people actually think your car is cool instead of just old.

No it's not.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dFk6EyLRjzy3oBpnyThHEcQGfCBOwKm1bjwZpf5euzNjuLJ2xf9Jj32dI0EWMNsO