Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/9/21 7:55 p.m.

Okay if you understood that headline, you can stay (trying not to piss off the powers that be at either site who trawl the internet).

I decided that I really don't like my C5 Z06 that much and that I was ready to sell it. I submitted the exact same photos and descriptions to both the leading auction sites on the same day. BaT offered a $25,000 reserve and C&B offered a $17,500 one. That's $7,500 or 43% less than BaT did. When I pointed that out to them, they responded by bringing it up to $21,500, which is still $3,500 less than my other offer.

So needless to say I chose BaT and am in the process of getting the listing built now. Car will likely go live in 4-6 weeks.

Long story short, buy cars on C&B, sell them on BaT.

80sFast
80sFast Reader
4/9/21 8:13 p.m.

What you replacing it with?

4/9/21 11:45 p.m.
80sFast said:

Probably some crappy cheap AMC.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
4/10/21 12:52 a.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

ready  sell them on BaT.

Finally! Been telling you that forever. To me reserve is useless , as BAT market really brings the bank for me everytime. I Just broke two record of two models of theirs. 

glad you see the light . EFF daddy doug. I figured after your audi fiasco you would have kicked that POS site to the curb 

welcome to the money maker.  Shake your booty 

bmw88rider (Supportive Dude)
bmw88rider (Supportive Dude) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/10/21 8:12 a.m.

C&B is not a sellers friend unless the car is a 2 or 3. I almost picked up an eagle talon there but lucky for me it was local and I couple put eyes on it. I think the eventual buyer got a surprise. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/21 9:48 a.m.

None of these places are there to make you money. They exist to make money off the sale of your car. The fee structure is such that a 10k difference in sale price to you is a minor difference in commission to them.  Very similar to how realtors fees work. A fast guaranteed sale is important to them.  There is almost no incentive for these places to get you the highest price. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/21 9:51 a.m.
80sFast said:

AMCs aren't crappy, they outsourced components, so they were able to choose the best of what was available from GM, Ford, and Chrysler.

(an actual conversation I had)

4/10/21 9:58 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
80sFast said:

AMCs aren't crappy, they outsourced components, so they were able to choose the best of what was available from GM, Ford, and Chrysler.

(an actual conversation I had)

Colloquial AMC's are not crappy. Whatever specific AMC I am likely to drag home next is.

dps214
dps214 HalfDork
4/10/21 10:30 a.m.
dean1484 said:

None of these places are there to make you money. They exist to make money off the sale of your car. The fee structure is such that a 10k difference in sale price to you is a minor difference in commission to them.  Very similar to how realtors fees work. A fast guaranteed sale is important to them.  There is almost no incentive for these places to get you the highest price. 

I mean yes and no. You're right that their fee structure is based on quantity more than quality of sale, but there is certainly some incentive to get the highest price (or at least above average) as a way to attract sellers.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/21 12:12 p.m.
dps214 said:
dean1484 said:

I mean yes and no. You're right that their fee structure is based on quantity more than quality of sale, but there is certainly some incentive to get the highest price (or at least above average) as a way to attract sellers.

That is the cool aid they are marketing. From a business stand point selling the car is how they get paid.  They are there to sell cars not to make the seller every last penny. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
4/10/21 7:20 p.m.

Yo, I know bat.....but what iz C&B please tanx............late

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
4/10/21 7:33 p.m.
759NRNG said:

Yo, I know bat.....but what iz C&B please tanx............late

https://carsandbids.com

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork