JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/20/19 9:58 a.m.

Most of what I write about–indeed, most of what I do–is hands-on. I’m the type of person who would rather be part of something than watch it happen. I want to have experiences, not just witness other folks having experiences. This is especially true when it comes to most motorsports competition, which I’d certainly rather take in from behind the …

Read the rest of the story

djsilver
djsilver Reader
9/20/19 1:56 p.m.

Yes!  I've also worked races at the local track and been able to give drivers tips that lowered their lap times.

drock25too
drock25too Reader
12/22/20 8:26 p.m.

I'm kind of the opposite. I figured out long ago that I was not the next Mario Andretti or Richard Petty. I spend most of my time at the track wrenching on B.W.'s cars. Going on 28 years now. I still have a car that I run occasionally. About once a year I run his car. Saves me a lot of $$ and I have a lot of fun doing it. 

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
12/23/20 8:39 a.m.

In reply to drock25too :

I'm a kinda all or nothing sort of guy. I go racing it's after I've spent 2500 hours building something from nothing but junk. Checking everything carefully upgrading where called for and eliminating everything not absolutely needed.  
I get mild pleasure walking through the pits looking for the creative solutions to problems.  Maybe an artistic touch here or there. A tasteful nod to history. 
I'll help anyone who asks but I've learned the hard way not to offer. racing is intense and too many people are tightly wound up at those moments.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uHR4FKGBvt3wUbRfTFu0zJk6vUQ0XAk9TGOwW00m19LkKiGp8TW5ji70cth24pwE