1 2 3 4
teamilluminata
teamilluminata New Reader
11/4/11 12:47 p.m.

Hi, Thought you might like to see our new tow and delivery vehicle.

We only recently got it and plan to use it to tow our race cars to events and move tires and wheels around for our parts business. First thing we did was throw some of our wheels on it.

They are 15x7 BRAID Winrace Acropolis rally wheels and are super-strong. We mounted some Yokohama A/T tires in 235/75-15 and are rather pleased with the result. We also mounted up a pair of PIAA driving lights as no self-respecting RALIVAN would be seen dead without some extra lighting.

and of course lots of stickers:

This is one of the cars it will be towing:

Of course we plan a few more modofications but nothing too radical. Just a bit of RALLY-BLING. Mud flaps are a must and we might add a couple more lights to the front. We ordered a Mercedes grill too as the Dodge one is falling off. We are also planning on replacing the dampers with Bilsteins or KONIs and maybe a K&N air filter as well as more stickers.

Although only a 2005 it already has 250,000 miles on it so we won't be flogging it very hard even though it runs great. Already suffering from Sprinter cancer but only surface stuff, mostly around the windshield and right in the middle of some of the body panels. Have to take care of that soon. It needs a windshield anyway so popping this one out and painting the surround will have to be coordinated.

I love driving this thing and am looking forward to many happy miles, some more mods and conversing with fellow Sprinter owners on this forum. BTW you can see bigger versions of the pictures here: Team Illuminata

If you have any suggestions or questions let me know. :)

teamilluminata
teamilluminata New Reader
11/4/11 12:48 p.m.

Now the van is officially the Michigan RALIVAN

Also got a Mercedes grill today:

Had to peel off the hood mounted chrome strip after bolting it in place. Left a terrible mess of goop that took half a can of Goop Off and a gallon of elbow gease to remove.

but worth it

OK, needs a chrome Mercedes star and apparantly theres a trim that goes round it too.

MG_Bryan
MG_Bryan Reader
11/4/11 12:52 p.m.

How much can it tow?

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
11/4/11 1:15 p.m.

Cool. I've seen a few M-B conversions. I didn't know they covered the cut-out for the M-B badge with a chrome strip.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
11/4/11 1:20 p.m.

Needs a roof mount light bar and amber strobes.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
11/4/11 1:22 p.m.

Should have gotten the Freightliner tags to go on it.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/11 1:50 p.m.

250,000 miles? Good, your past the initial break-in period and can start opening her up a bit.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
11/4/11 2:10 p.m.

Get rid of the MB logo on the grille with another driving light.

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle Reader
11/4/11 2:16 p.m.

Looks pretty cool!

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
11/4/11 2:17 p.m.

Hot damn, I love those! Looks miles better with the Merc grill and Braids. It's almost too nice to tow with!

driver109x
driver109x HalfDork
11/4/11 2:49 p.m.

Bigger mud flaps and more lights pls.... awesome van!

pigeon
pigeon SuperDork
11/4/11 2:55 p.m.
jimbob_racing wrote: Get rid of the MB logo on the grille with an airplane landing light.

FTFY

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/4/11 3:13 p.m.

I like it a lot. Where does one even GET braids in the US? their website wasn't terribly helpful.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte HalfDork
11/4/11 4:17 p.m.

A GRM sticker would increase the horsepower and torque by 20%, lower the drag coefficient by 10% and redline the awesome meter.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/4/11 4:17 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I like it a lot. Where does one even GET braids in the US? their website wasn't terribly helpful.

Probably from this little place called Team Illuminata Motorsports.

There are those that call me....TIM?

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/4/11 4:26 p.m.

Derp, I can read "parts business" was in there.

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
11/4/11 4:39 p.m.

DADJIBAAANNN... I mean, RARIBAAAANNNN!!!

corytate
corytate HalfDork
11/4/11 5:16 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
mndsm wrote: I like it a lot. Where does one even GET braids in the US? their website wasn't terribly helpful.
Probably from this little place called Team Illuminata Motorsports. There are those that call me....TIM?

=]
ya beat me to it.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/4/11 5:23 p.m.

I love the van.

I've wanted one of those since they came out. I made the mistake of going to Dodge's website and "building my own". I made the mistake of spec'ing one with a long wheelbase and high roof and the price scared me away for a few years. Low roof and short wheelbase is what I crave now.

What's a good used one go for these days?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose New Reader
11/4/11 8:15 p.m.

I want to be more like you when I grow up.

(lets see, 28 now, should be grown up in another ten years)

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
11/4/11 9:06 p.m.

Did you have to cut the hood for the Mercedes Emblem to fit? Or is that hidden underneath the chrome trim?

Vigo
Vigo Dork
11/4/11 10:41 p.m.

I love me some Sprinter! Make sure to post driving impressions along with empty and towing mpg...

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/5/11 7:06 a.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: I want to be more like you when I grow up. (lets see, 28 now, should be grown up in another ten years)

Everyone should endeavor to be more like Pauly. That guy is just plain living the life.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
11/5/11 8:42 a.m.

Nice. Just watch out- the Sprinter that my place of employment owns likes to grab onto it's glow plugs and never let go- resulting in the need for a new cylinder head. But that could be because it's the most abused vehicle in all of human history, and that's it's only problem. The damn thing refuses to die. And yes, it's starting to rust, too.

lee21don
lee21don New Reader
11/5/11 9:13 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Acb07ZZHzztTQhSflXovUiUEWn2FhQwP9ZchHbG6eUe8VL0z3IiF4uz1F9Xmlnxv