Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
5/18/13 5:18 p.m.

Our first event of the year would have been today, but the crapload of rain we had the last 24 hours (or 3-4 days for that matter) made the access road/hill impassable, so the event was cancelled.

But not before just 5 minutes earlier I had spent the time figuring out how to cram everything I needed into the car, because I had never gotten the trailer hitch and HF trailer I had planned to get over the winter.

I was pretty sure I could do it, but never physically tried until the night before. (Someone else on here once told me he worked better under deadlines, maybe that is true.)

4 rally wheels, hydraulic jack, 4-way, breaker bar, cordless impact, bag of tools, camp chair, helmet, helmet support, GoPro with accessories, bag of misc stuff... And still had room for me. At least I know for the next event!

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/18/13 5:37 p.m.

Hahaha nice brings back some good memories for me.

Where did you get the "my bad" sticker? I want.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/18/13 6:29 p.m.

If it wasn't for the night before the event, nothing would get done!

I spent Friday after work re-attaching the fuel pump to my floor. It fell off at the previous rallycross...

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
5/18/13 8:25 p.m.

Boy, that brings back memories. I used to run 195/55-14 R-comps on 15x7 wheels on my MR2, and since I live 100 miles from the nearest track or autocross course, I used to carry all four AX tires (1 in the frunk, one crosswise in front of the passenger seat, and two side-by-side in the passenger seat), a small floor jack, helmet, small ice chest, lawn chair, tool bag and umbrella. People used to stand and watch as I unloaded. amazing amount of room in those cars if you're careful about packing.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
5/18/13 10:34 p.m.

I was ready to remove the passenger seat if I had to. But prefer to leave it for ride-alongs. (The property owner sometimes has family out watching and the kids like to ride with us.)

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
5/18/13 10:46 p.m.

just for ideas....one of our AW12 rallycrossers...

ignore the part where the car is on the flatbed (engine issue during runs)...note tire storage..

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/18/13 11:02 p.m.
irish44j wrote: just for ideas....one of our AW12 rallycrossers... ignore the part where the car is on the flatbed (engine issue during runs)...note tire storage..

Wouldn't that be an SW20?

Winston
Winston HalfDork
5/18/13 11:02 p.m.

That's the way I would do it... but that's a SW22 ;)

EDIT: yeah, it's probably an NA, so SW21... though SW20 is the common term for the Mk2 MR2 in general.

M3Loco
M3Loco Reader
5/18/13 11:18 p.m.

Thanks for the idea. I'll be doing that hopefully before the end if the summer.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
5/19/13 7:47 a.m.

That was my tire idea if they didn't fit all the other places!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZTZXN8vagcuktoQI4LggXGdPsjxNA745YmiWZwSGq2NaEgPOMdvDygW9aDTmOcsw