1 2 3 4
Will
Will SuperDork
10/21/15 7:33 p.m.
Mad_Ratel wrote: Rear suspension if it's a VIII should be full IRS with airbags. it's the same as the thunderbird and the Cobra. (cobra got stiffer shocks/springs.) You can switch over the shocks from a cobra car. (rear).

The SN95 Cobra is an entirely different car. Its IRS shares very few parts with the MN12/FN10 platform. Control arms, springs, shocks, sway bars, etc. are all different. The 99 Cobra diff and housing interchanges, but the rear diff mount/cover is different, and in 01 the Cobra got 31 spline axles, so that won't work. Some of the bushings are the same.

You can make Cobra rear shocks fit, but they're not identical.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/28/15 1:02 a.m.

So the Lincoln made it through the weekend like a boss. We decided against Nitrous mainly because we realized at the last minute that we didn't know what we were doing and we did not want to break the car. Instead we decided to gut the car. We eventually got over three hundred pounds out of it .

Leaving my house for the challenge Thursday afternoon. Jonathan was nice enough to drive the car from my house to the challenge and back on Sunday. JohnRW and I also met up with Stampie for the trip.

Thursday night we started gutting the car...

300lbs gone. Race seat installed.

Derrick testing out said race seat.

List done!

All decaled up and ready to go...

Aristocrats at the line!

Awaiting the judging. I went with a Mathew Mcconohey theme. I "acquired" his signature for the owners manual but that didn't go over well as my dismal performance can attest. 10.2 out of 25 is not very good.

The car did great in the drags and was second in the Aristocrat class with a 14.9 at 95 MPH. I let just about everyone drive it and it must have gone down the strip at least 30 times before the end of the evening. Somehow I neglected to take any pictures of it on the strip.

Here is a picture of it with all the other Aristocrats.

When it was all said and done we won the last minute challenger award! Couldn't ask for more then that! I had Derrick come up with me as well, he did most of the work on the car and deserves the trophy as much as I do.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/28/15 8:39 a.m.

If anyone wants to purchase a cream puff, never raced, luxury coupe let me know, I will make a deal for a GRM'er.

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/ctd/5289047868.html

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/28/15 8:59 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

Sure looks nice in the CL photos. So, did you actually go back and reinstall everything after gutting it for the Challenge?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
10/28/15 8:59 a.m.

The best part of this last minute car was that it ran and allowed everyone a chance to drive.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/28/15 9:06 a.m.
Danny Shields wrote: In reply to pimpm3: Sure looks nice in the CL photos. So, did you actually go back and reinstall everything after gutting it for the Challenge?

Yup, in the parking lot Friday night we had a last minute rebuild / reinstall party.

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/28/15 9:09 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3:

Impressive! That by itself probably deserves an award.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
10/28/15 11:34 a.m.

Sold it already?

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/28/15 11:35 a.m.

Well that was fast. Just sold the lincoln for $1848.15. I am astonished it sold that quickly.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
10/28/15 11:40 a.m.

WHAT? Just some regular joe or was this a GRM'er sale?

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
10/28/15 11:45 a.m.
pimpm3 wrote: Well that was fast. Just sold the lincoln for $1848.15. I am astonished it sold that quickly.

Wow, that seems like it should be an award- shortest amount of time a challenge car was owned. Just over week, right?

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/28/15 11:48 a.m.

Some random older guy. Called 30 minutes after the ad went live. I got a pos thunderbird for $300 on trade. Dude was super stoked on the car, and knew all about them. The coil conversion sealed the deal.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
10/28/15 11:51 a.m.

I thought maybe telling him it went 14.9 in the drags may have sealed the deal.

More than cheap racing...profit racing!

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/28/15 12:11 p.m.
alfadriver wrote:
pimpm3 wrote: Well that was fast. Just sold the lincoln for $1848.15. I am astonished it sold that quickly.
Wow, that seems like it should be an award- shortest amount of time a challenge car was owned. Just over week, right?

No one is more suprised then this guy. I bought the car monday at 09:30 and sold it today at 11:00. 9 days 1.5 hours, not bad.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Reader
10/28/15 12:43 p.m.
alfadriver wrote:

Last year I bought the Fiero the Monday of the Challenge and dropped it off at Jeremy's house, where it still sits, on Sunday after the event.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
10/28/15 12:46 p.m.

...jerk

Why did you have to remind me...

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/28/15 12:58 p.m.
pimpm3 wrote:
alfadriver wrote:
No one is more suprised then this guy. I bought the car monday at 09:30 and sold it today at 11:00. 9 days 1.5 hours, not bad.

Nice. what's the miles/hours owned ratio? I bet in the 5ish range..

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SeXwOvOMtxq2q6BPhxtx9Je8MLpE0MN3BVKv5PuxleWSsTwKfnsCIKMHDE3CEC0V