t25torx
t25torx HalfDork
6/21/15 6:55 a.m.

Getting ready to pull the engine in this Mustang to put into my Daytona. I'll also be using the steering rack and brake booster.

SN95 Mustangs are kind of a dime a dozen when it comes to how many were made, so are there any parts that will be worth parting out? Rear end is a posi unit with discs.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
6/21/15 7:26 a.m.

I am still new to fox bodies, but i believe you can swap the sn95 axle, lca, spindles and possibly k member to upgrade foxes.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
6/21/15 9:53 a.m.

A lot of interior and exterior trim bits. Bumpers, grilles, badges, lights (especially 96-98 tails), any and all upgrades, leather seats, OEM shift knobs, just lots of little stuff sells fairly well.

Will
Will SuperDork
6/21/15 10:08 a.m.

What year? The twin-piston front calipers from 99-04 cars are a good upgrade for Thunderbirds, Cougars, Mark 8s and SHOs.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/21/15 1:46 p.m.

GT or V6?

The spindles are a popular swap for the Fox body guys looking for a 5 lug conversion.

GT rear spoiler for the base V6

Rear bumper cover from a V6 for guys running dumps

The tail lights from 96-98 as well as the tail light harness (also 94-95 for weirdos like me )

Airbags

Rocker panel trim

Side vent trim

The fuzzy trunk trim panels

Rear parcel shelf

Shifter boot/trim piece

If a GT, the dual exhaust rear section. Bolts on to V6 cars.

GT stock wheels

That's all I can think of now...

Opti
Opti Reader
6/21/15 3:40 p.m.

Pretty much all of it if it's Clean, there are enough people fixing them up, they are worth posting a parting out ad and sell whatever you can.

Buddy had a garage full of what looked like junk for foxes and I was amazed at what people bought from him. Stuff like random harnesses and brackets to the big stuff.

egnorant
egnorant SuperDork
6/21/15 4:11 p.m.

These have hit the age where people are looking to make good daily driving cars with upgrades. Interior parts if they are in good shape, power window motors, manual window stuff is hard to find and some folks will change from power windows. 5 speed is a bonus even for a V6.

Put a "parting out" ad on Craigslist listing good parts, paint and interior colors and engine/transmission and some folks will buy bucketloads of parts!

Bruce

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed SuperDork
6/21/15 5:58 p.m.

At the salvage yard all the instrument clusters/gauges are always pulled. And I mean ALWAYS pulled so there must be a market for them.

mancha
mancha New Reader
6/21/15 8:15 p.m.

If it's a 94/95 GT, then the T5 is unique vs the fox stuff. It has a longer input shaft and bellhousing.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
6/21/15 11:54 p.m.
stanger_missle wrote: GT or V6? The spindles are a popular swap for the Fox body guys looking for a 5 lug conversion. GT rear spoiler for the base V6 Rear bumper cover from a V6 for guys running dumps The tail lights from 96-98 as well as the tail light harness (also 94-95 for weirdos like me ) Airbags Rocker panel trim Side vent trim The fuzzy trunk trim panels Rear parcel shelf Shifter boot/trim piece If a GT, the dual exhaust rear section. Bolts on to V6 cars. GT stock wheels That's all I can think of now...

This.

I would be all over the front brake set up(for my fox) but shipping them would be too expensive to make it with it.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
6/22/15 7:59 a.m.

Almost every car is worth parting out. You will be able to sell your parts faster since so many people bought them.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/22/15 8:10 a.m.

What's the condition of the shift knob?

weedburner
weedburner Reader
6/22/15 9:58 a.m.

Recently i bought the following for an SN95 off ebay...

steering column 61.95

lower knee bolster 16.75

dash frame and dash 289.

clutch / brake pedal box assy 200.70 (it was sandblasted/painted)

under column brace 20.

Prices included shipping.

I'm putting together an install display for the SN95 version of my ClutchTamer.

ClutchTamer.com

t25torx
t25torx HalfDork
6/22/15 2:41 p.m.

Thanks for the info guys. I guess it's time to break this one down then and start selling. I was just thinking that there were abillion made and would be in enough junkyards that parting it out really wouldn't make sense as I'm keeping the engine/trans, which is what most people want out of these I would guess.

Time to get busy with the wrench and ebay account I guess!

Edit: For those that asked, it's a '95 GT.

stanger_missle
6/22/15 2:59 p.m.

Even though they made eleventy-billion SN95s, some of the small bits that break are nearly impossible to find. I looked for 10 months to find the trunk interior panels. I bought the interior tail light panel from the evilbay and the seller had folded it in half to ship it to me I eventually found a set (both sides and rear) in a junkyard that was cracked but usable.

There is still a market for those parts. Over the past 6 years, I have been trying to fix lots of broken stuff on my '95 GT that the PO "fixed".

t25torx
t25torx HalfDork
6/22/15 3:46 p.m.
stanger_missle wrote: Even though they made eleventy-billion SN95s, some of the small bits that break are nearly impossible to find. I looked for 10 months to find the trunk interior panels. I bought the interior tail light panel from the evilbay and the seller had folded it in half to ship it to me I eventually found a set (both sides and rear) in a junkyard that was cracked but usable. There is still a market for those parts. Over the past 6 years, I have been trying to fix lots of broken stuff on my '95 GT that the PO "fixed".

Hmm interesting. Well if you need anything send me a PM.

stanger_missle
6/22/15 3:49 p.m.

In reply to t25torx:

Will do!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B6kvvIg3SPM9yy3494yPMTFZEWgE0CczqpIP9A9zfvTK7LdZDEOg68kJP4Cln8FH