1 2
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/6/09 12:58 p.m.
mcp001 wrote: For the past twenty years I've lived outside Charlotte and for awhile I bought parts at Viking on Morehead Street. After they closed that location, I made a few trips to their store on Central Avenue, but it is not convenient for me and now prices are high compared to online. My favorite place to get parts now is Pull-A-Part on North Tryon.

may the flying spaghetti monster bless you, kind sir, for sharing the info in this post. I'm new to the Charlotte area and did not know there was a Pull-A-Part nearby.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
8/6/09 1:28 p.m.

99% of parts I buy are from the u-pull-it

wbjones
wbjones New Reader
8/6/09 8:28 p.m.
mcp001 wrote:
wbjones wrote: ...my "sponsor" is City Foreign Auto here in Asheville ....
Back in the 70's I bought my VW parts from Stuart at City Foreign Auto. If I still lived in Asheville, I would probably still buy parts there. Back then Stuart drove a sweet red BMW 2002 with round taillights, a 1969 I think. For the past twenty years I've lived outside Charlotte and for awhile I bought parts at Viking on Morehead Street. After they closed that location, I made a few trips to their store on Central Avenue, but it is not convenient for me and now prices are high compared to online. My favorite place to get parts now is Pull-A-Part on North Tryon. For Mercedes parts buymbparts.com or autohausaz.com For Volvo parts fcpgroton.com for my Vanagon parts busdepot.com I did get a Bosch fuel pump from my local NAPA for my Vanagon cheaper than online, but they had to order it.

He drives a Mini S now... his son races Legends and NASA American Iron

donalson
donalson SuperDork
8/6/09 8:50 p.m.

depends on what it is... i've got a napa, autozone, oriley's and advanced, and carquest all with in about 2 miles... I know what I need... so I call around and ask prices and usually shop by price...

i've bought few things online... usualy higher $$$ things that I get cheaper online.

mcp001
mcp001 New Reader
8/6/09 9:23 p.m.

AngryCorvair, I haven't seen any Corvairs at Pull-A-Part. Hope you are looking for something more common, although there were a couple of well picked over 944's last time I was there and an X 1/9.

wbjones, Thanks for the update!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TtCY71Yt5nyyrQxOkLm4TaMF4hhmZ9Uf8IfpLy35RbUsCDWSCvpVDYpxMeyd6WrU