1 2 3 4
92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
1/14/16 2:50 p.m.

Cheap Boxster usually = project car of something wrong right?

markwemple
markwemple Dork
1/14/16 7:39 p.m.

I could never imagine comparing a miata and a Boxster. When was the last time you heard a Boxster called a girl's car ( sorry guys but a lot of people call miatas girl's cars). And around a track, I'd take a 97 Boxster over a 2016 miata. Beyond that, the engine thing is overrated. As long as you do good maintenance and drive it, and hard, you can see over 300k. I know of one heading towards 400k. I'm a 911 guy and probably will never own a Boxster, and either is immensely faster than my track 83 rx7, but miata over Boxster? ?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/14/16 8:25 p.m.

I've heard the girly car comment directed toward Boxters far more than Miatas.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/14/16 8:58 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: I've heard the girly car comment directed toward Boxters far more than Miatas.

And it's stupid and irrelevant in either case.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
1/14/16 9:20 p.m.
markwemple wrote: I could never imagine comparing a miata and a Boxster. When was the last time you heard a Boxster called a girl's car ( sorry guys but a lot of people call miatas girl's cars). And around a track, I'd take a 97 Boxster over a 2016 miata. Beyond that, the engine thing is overrated. As long as you do good maintenance and drive it, and hard, you can see over 300k. I know of one heading towards 400k. I'm a 911 guy and probably will never own a Boxster, and either is immensely faster than my

I like girls. I like Miatae. I would like a girl who likes Miatae a whole lot. This stereotype sounds like a win-win to me

I will leave the Porsche to guys who are into bro-maderie. When I think of a Porsche I tend to think "brokeback". Well, "broke-wallet" really but since we are tossing around vehicular homosexual aspersions what the hell

NickD
NickD HalfDork
1/15/16 5:29 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: I've heard the girly car comment directed toward Boxters far more than Miatas.

I've never received or overheard any derisive comments toward my Miata, I know that. Mostly I just get people asking questions, commenting on color or telling me it's a nice car.

M030
M030 Dork
1/18/16 10:31 a.m.

NMNA but a great deal for someone who wants a Boxster on the cheap:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5404370546.html

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/18/16 10:33 a.m.

I agree that both are stupid and irrelevant, but I've also heard Boxsters referred to that way a lot more. Generally something like "lawyers wife's car," or "valley girl car" or something equivalent.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tImElV6mKenJVZsxjjg5LmKGzEv6mX8SFL0JbJwviPKqJrnkhafRrCmiDfKgfwGv