1 2
jstein77
jstein77 Dork
2/6/13 10:25 a.m.

Just got a notice that Per is now working at Stoddard NLA, a large Porsche dealership and mail order parts house in Ohio. Sounds like fun!

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder SuperDork
2/6/13 11:42 a.m.

Thanks Jerry—The parts end (where I am) of the business split off from the dealership end of things a few years ago when Penske bought Stoddard Porsche.

To clear that up: http://stoddard.com/about_us.shtml

Stoddard NLA is a giant in the 356/early 911 world and does a great load of business. I'm handling their marketing, online store and communications. A buddy of mine is their Product Manager and Bradley Brownell (Maroon92) is in their sales department. There's plenty of other SCCA/NASA/GRM folks on staff. It's a nice place to work.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
2/6/13 11:46 a.m.

Do you guys do any 964 stuff? Sounds like a good gig. Congrats.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
2/6/13 12:04 p.m.

Kong-rats on the new gig, Per!!!

Hopefully you can find time to attend some Tri-State Cheap Bastards Sports Car Club counselling sessions with us.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
2/6/13 12:05 p.m.

Great! Now Per's aiding our habit of making inexpensive Porsches the most expensive cars in the world.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
2/6/13 12:06 p.m.

Per, congrats and good to hear you're finally working somewhere where they're SUPPOSED to put that extra T in the name.

Margie

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
2/6/13 12:08 p.m.

Oh, and I think you'll enjoy working with Brad, he's a good dude.

I once bought some books out of the back of his car in a bar parking-lot, so I know this to be true.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/6/13 12:42 p.m.

per,

i am not a porsche guy but i'm ready to do some car stuff when you are.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/6/13 12:44 p.m.

In reply to patgizz:

Me too! Per, do you work out of the facility on Alpha Park? I grew up in Mayfield Village and Alpha was one of two industrial parkways in that area, the other being Beta Drive. Beta was my test track! Let me know if you ever want to meet up for a brew or to work on cars. My folks still live there and I'm in that area about once a week.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
2/6/13 12:49 p.m.

I, for one, am glad Per is here. His BMW obsession might have to be kicked to the curb for him to fit in, but I'll let it slide for now...

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
2/6/13 12:50 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to patgizz: Me too! Per, do you work out of the facility on Alpha Park?

Yep. That's where the majority of the company is located these days. We still have a small facility in Reno, but all of our parts ship out of Alpha Park.

btw, I need a new test track, tell me more about this Beta Park...

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/6/13 12:53 p.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

Do you work there also? I thought you were in Medina? We should all get together sometime soon!

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/6/13 12:54 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

Is the dealer still in Willoughby? I haven't been out that way in years. I used to work out there in the 80's, and had to drive by the dealer every day. Man, that was torture, especially since they had a lot of vintage Porsches in their showroom.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
2/6/13 12:58 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to Maroon92: Do you work there also? I thought you were in Medina? We should all get together sometime soon!

I am in Medina... (see the "long commute" thread...)

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
2/6/13 12:59 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to bravenrace: Is the dealer still in Willoughby? I haven't been out that way in years. I used to work out there in the 80's, and had to drive by the dealer every day. Man, that was torture, especially since they had a lot of vintage Porsches in their showroom.

The Porsche section moved to Penske's new Porsche Beachwood facility. The old shop is now home to Audi Willoughby.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
2/6/13 1:04 p.m.

Congrats Per! BTW it is totally fine to run parallel BMW and Porsche obsessions.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
2/6/13 1:37 p.m.

The legandary Per now only works 12 minutes from me and not 20hours?

Awesome!

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/6/13 1:55 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
bravenrace wrote: In reply to Maroon92: Do you work there also? I thought you were in Medina? We should all get together sometime soon!

i'll let you rent my house in north colinwood when it's done in a couple months :)

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/6/13 2:02 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote:

I meant that I thought you worked there.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
2/6/13 2:11 p.m.

Congratulations on the new employment!

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/6/13 2:12 p.m.
CarKid1989 wrote: The legandary Per now only works 12 minutes from me and not 20hours? Awesome!

You will probably still be having the same amount of alone time though :)

Good luck Per.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
2/6/13 2:12 p.m.

Welcome to the buckeye state Per!

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
2/6/13 2:15 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
Maroon92 wrote:
i'll let you rent my house in north colinwood when it's done in a couple months :)

Unfortunately, my girlfriend works in Medina, so it would just mean a long commute for her and a short one for me. We're looking for a place about 7 Hills or so...

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/6/13 2:18 p.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

Things are significantly cheaper in Summit County. I work in Valley View and my wife works in downtown Akron. We were looking to move a few years back and after considering all the communities off of 77 between rt18 and I-480, we decided Richfield was the best place for us. Just throwing out another reference point for you.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
2/6/13 3:02 p.m.
oldtin wrote: Congrats Per! BTW it is totally fine to run parallel BMW and Porsche obsessions.

For years, the BMW dealer in Princeton sold Porsche as well. They split the P-cars off a few years before the MINIs arrived. Now the location is a stand alone MINI dealer. The Porsche dealer is getting ready to expand as the bought the property between the current building and Rt 1.

Congrats Per! Planning to trade the 02 for a P-car?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7VoD9x7SxYv12BlFhyMM8wNyhi82pNQjpexheF5hV0nkDBTmruMXeoLgmZjsPKRp