1 2 3 4
TurboFocus
TurboFocus Reader
4/20/17 2:35 p.m.

i honestly don think its that bad and actually think its easier than many sites.

maybe just a how to guide stickied would button things up and allow users to know whats up

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
4/20/17 2:37 p.m.

I don't mind markdown because I use it other places, but it certainly isn't for the occasional user.

Most of it is easily overcome, but man it sucks that the formatting on anything quoted explodes.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/17 2:42 p.m.

Three words.

1. Don't

2. Change

3. Anything

Seriously. It works fine just the way it is.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/17 2:43 p.m.

It is also, by far, the easiest to read forum I have ever used.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
4/20/17 2:43 p.m.

In reply to Duke:

1. One
  2. Two
  3. Buckle
  4. Shoe

• Six
  • something something
  • Styx
Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/20/17 4:00 p.m.
Huckleberry wrote: In reply to Duke: 1. One 2. Two 3. Buckle 4. Shoe *** - 5 - Six - something ___something___ - Styx

How do you get it to auto number? I have never gotten it to do that. Any idiot can manually number a list:

1. One
  2. Two
  3. Five
  4. Three, sir!
  5. Three!

So how do you format it to maintain numbers automatically?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/20/17 4:01 p.m.

OK, wow, so that's weirder than I thought. You have to type a random number in at the beginning of each item to get it to number automatically? Is there a single bullet or punctuation mark or something you can use?

Well, I guess it works, but I never would have figured that out.

1. I
  2. learned
  3. something
  4. today
Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/20/17 4:15 p.m.

In reply to freetors:

Click on the arrow to the right of the thread. Takes you right there according to your stored cookie.

Stefan
4/20/17 4:18 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Search sucks and the attachments are wierd. I could deal with the attachments if I could actually search for something.

go to google.com

In the search bar type your search term or terms and add: "site:grassrootsmotors.com"

Click search.

IF you can't find it there, revise your terms until you find it.

Stefan
4/20/17 4:27 p.m.
Mad_Ratel wrote: I'd love to be able to find threads I've started (so i can update build threads etc easily), instead of having to google my username to find them. Or page through all of my posts to find the thread I'm looking for.

Yeah, that's annoying. If you heart the thread, you can at least add it to your watch list instead of your commented list, which should be shorter.

Mad_Ratel wrote: Not having to double return to get rid of the auto 1 paragraph only philosophy...

That doesn't bother me, I naturally do that anyway.

Mad_Ratel wrote: Being able to subscribe to threads so I can see when Mazdeuce updates Fergus. Or tuna brushes the dust off and updates his truck.

Click on the heart icon at the bottom of the thread. For a while this was missing on the desktop site and was only available on the mobile site.

Mad_Ratel wrote: Being able to actually create a list without taking hours to figure out how the software is going to edit it...

This has been explained further on, but it isn't that bad to do. It isn't something I do very often though.

Personally, I had hoped that they could have linked the cars in our "Garage" into their build threads, or at least add the option to do so.

It is a bit silly to update one or the other since that makes it more likely the garage item will be ignored. It is an interesting concept though and I'd like to see it fleshed out further.

freetors
freetors New Reader
4/20/17 5:27 p.m.
Stefan wrote: In reply to freetors: Click on the arrow to the right of the thread. Takes you right there according to your stored cookie.

No it doesn't. It takes me to the last (most recent) post in thread. It does not take me to the first unread post. Even hovering over the arrow it says "go to last post".

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi PowerDork
4/20/17 6:47 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Don't change GRM forum, I love you just the way you are.

This is the truth, I wouldn't have written it as a love note though.

Stefan
4/20/17 7:02 p.m.

In reply to freetors:

Must be a recent change then. Sorry about that.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/20/17 7:07 p.m.

One thing I would like to fix is the auto-fill of the link in the "add pictures" tool. Once I have added one pic to a post, the next time I click on the camera icon to add another pic, it still has the link to the last pic in there and I have to delete it or at least highlight all of it before adding the link for the next pic. Not a deal breaker, obviously, but annoying nonetheless.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
4/20/17 7:21 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

Yeah, that's annoying.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
4/20/17 9:58 p.m.

I really, really, really, really, really, "to infinity & Beyond!" need a way to get to the last post your viewed in a thread.

Unless it's a very short inactive thread it's just takes too much time to find where you were so I normally post one time on a thread and then never again. If it's a thread I really want to read & learn something, such as the torque tube thread, I wait until the thread has run it's course and then go read it all.

This is the only forum I've seen that doesn't do that. I've looked into forum softwares for a friend and it's standard on every software we've looked into.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
7/26/22 11:45 p.m.

Uhmm.... I know this is an old posting and I am a noob to this but is there an app for your phone???  I can not "watch" anything, I have just been bookmarking the ones I check on and read. I Googled it and only came up with this forum topic and this one....

https://classicmotorsports.com/forum/grm/watching-stuff/1275/page1/

This works for what I read and post but some of the posting are all fancy. A paragraph and a picture then another paragraph and another couple pictures. Maybe some more paragraphs. Or is it that I do not use a laptop or 'puter??

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/27/22 9:41 a.m.

There's no dedicated phone app, you should be able to watch a topic by clicking the eye icon near the thread title, then you'll get an email whenever a new post is added to the thread.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
7/27/22 10:39 p.m.

OK thank you. :0D

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
80aOxYGiTTqhc9xDdsQ9AnbsLwAIuZPP32xuMqR4YRqjTCt9wx5kjACgYSSOodKt