1 2 3 4 5 6
03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
1/11/21 8:00 p.m.

In reply to stukndapast :

I'd love to have more info on that mustang. Not my favorite year, but ANY car that can do THAT, is as cool as they come!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/21 8:40 p.m.
buzzboy said:

I've got way too much suspension travel for this thread.

It's all about the angle of attack.

versus

I had a screencap of him with all four off the ground... it got lost in the tinypic purge.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
1/11/21 9:30 p.m.
buzzboy said:

In reply to accordionfolder :

Correct, I'm purely referring to the on-track photos

I've got soft springs, soft sways and lots of suspension droop travel

Lol, I love that car in spite of it having four wheels on the ground! Me thinks you're right about maybe not taking that off any sweet jumps though, might hurt.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
1/11/21 9:36 p.m.

Best I can do with what I have one this PC. The car hasn't run in many years and this was probably my best day with it.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/21 9:51 p.m.

In reply to LopRacer :

When I autocrossed my Golf after plating the rear beam, people would greet me after a run by holding one hand about 8-12 inches over the other.  Apparently it spent about twice as much time on three wheels as on four.  Didn't make it a lick faster but it was entertaining.

Stock front springs and sway bar...

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/11/21 10:05 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I always had to give the local mini Cooper guys E36 M3 because it seemed like they were just bouncing the inside rear over the cones instead of actually driving around them.

Shavarsh
Shavarsh New Reader
1/11/21 10:08 p.m.

On the subject of rabbits, the best car I have owned so far:

Claff
Claff Reader
1/11/21 10:14 p.m.

Same corner as OP's (NCM). Photo by Perry Bennett/Autoxpix.com. Once he showed me this picture I said "OK I'm good, I can go home now."

On the tracksprint portion of TT Nats last year, I hit this corner pretty good on run #2 of 3 and saw the track photog lining up that shot. Next run, I completely pooched the corner before this one and figured if nothing else, I'd get a good picture out of it. So I came into this corner and hit the curb hard, car was way higher than this I'm sure. But the photog wasn't there! Biggest disappointment of the whole weekend.

Unrelated: back in my NASCAR-chasing days I always looked forward to seeing Busch North Series at Lime Rock for many reasons, but it wasn't until the last year I went there (2008) for NASCAR that I was clued in to the most epic photo opportunity. The late great photog Howie Hodge took me to the back of the course where we'd catch cars cresting the climbing hill. The drivers who had been there before knew to get out of the gas before the top of the hill so they wouldn't Bo Duke it there. The drivers who didn't know better made for good pictures.

adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/11/21 10:29 p.m.

I've lifted wheels before in anger but sadly this is the only photo I have, I promise to do better in the future.

mainlandboy
mainlandboy Reader
1/11/21 10:57 p.m.
accordionfolder said:

In reply to mainlandboy :

Are they endo'ing from braking? If so I bet their eyeballs had to be pushed back in.

It would make for a great story to say that this was a result of massive aftermarket front brakes, but I suspect that the car hit a bump just outside of the frame of the photo.

sergio
sergio HalfDork
1/12/21 12:26 a.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/12/21 1:57 a.m.

In reply to sergio :

That is raw.

mtnbiker4evr13
mtnbiker4evr13 New Reader
1/12/21 7:44 a.m.

My samurai, backed out under its own power..

[/URL]

Fellow club member endo-ed coming down the hill 4 off! 

]

Me in racing days.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
1/12/21 8:00 a.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I always had to give the local mini Cooper guys E36 M3 because it seemed like they were just bouncing the inside rear over the cones instead of actually driving around them.

Over the cone or around -

It don't matter if the cone ain't down!

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/12/21 8:46 a.m.

Not me, but my brother at the Weatherly Hillclimb. I just got to fix the broken panhard bar and mount that resulted from the landing!

camaroz1985
camaroz1985 HalfDork
1/12/21 8:52 a.m.

I'll add my Weatherly "jump" picture.  Definitely not one of the high flying cars, but a very weird feeling.

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
1/12/21 10:18 a.m.

OK it's time for one-upmanship because they're are so many cool pictures.

There was this one time at the track I got chased by Godzilla.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
1/12/21 10:37 a.m.

Thought you'd never ask. 

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
1/12/21 10:58 a.m.

Not my car, but my picture taken at the first amature drift event I attended quite a few years ago.  As I recall he repaired the studs and was back out later that day.

accordionfolder
1/12/21 11:06 a.m.

In reply to LopRacer :

LOL - something cracks me up with the whole: "oh heck" look to this picture. 

Katya4me
Katya4me New Reader
1/12/21 11:19 a.m.

">

Me at a rallyx a few years ago.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
1/12/21 11:21 a.m.

In my friend's E/Street Toyota MR-S at Seneca Army Depot. My Miata had fried the alternator after the charging cable pulled out of the crimp on the ring terminal, so I bummed a drive in this.

A few weeks later, I was back at Seneca Army Depot with my Miata and my friend with the MR-S tore the sway bar mounts out of his Toyota and hopped in the Miata with me. Going through this back section he said "I think you're pulling a front tire off the ground." Saw some pics from it a weeks later and yup, sure enough, I was getting some air under the front inside tire.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/21 12:18 p.m.

Apparently my CRX lifts the inside rear on track, but nobody's ever taken pictures of it for me.

LOL at the wheel off the ground and not attached to the car. I've tried that too. This isn't a wheel in the air, but it is my brake rotor. The wheel is behind the car at this point.

accordionfolder
1/12/21 12:27 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I've watched this video so many times - it's the reason I have v8r billet rear hubs. Ha.

In reply to NickD :

1) I love your miata (as always) 2) BADASS - do you have subframe connectors in yours?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/21 12:30 p.m.
accordionfolder said:

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I've watched this video so many times - it's the reason I have v8r billet rear hubs. Ha.

Did you know that it was a V8R billet rear hub that failed? One of their earlier ones.

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XgRDMDBubldVwxC6VCRApPP6btY3oDdpgEQpqRV3kb8ye20fAji0lUIjnPogvVhu