LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
1/2/15 11:00 a.m.

Many of us will never qualify for, let alone win a "best shop" contest. That's because we have less than ideal (small) spaces.

A contest for those who have already achieved "Shop Awesome" Is great. Those folks deserve to be recognized. But, how about a contest for the most needful shop? Sort of like Pimp My Ride... where they would take the most needful piece of E36 M3 car and make it uh... better. By adding a fish tank and a big stereo.

You could take the most pathetic home workshop and "pimp it" with a few goodies. Maybe "Shop Awful" gets a new floor jack, or a shiny new toolbox.

Just a thought...

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/2/15 11:05 a.m.

I hope to see some winners of the shop contest who 'did the most with the least'. I think that ideology fits GRM pretty well, and I believe we would all qualify, and many of us have a great shot to win.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
1/2/15 11:27 a.m.

there is (or was) a show on basic cable tv dedicated to "pimping" garages... by rendering them useless for even parking cars in them by putting in a tiki bar and 12 big screen tv sets, with a few obligatory "man cave" items like brand new "vintage" neon signs and a replica of a dustbowl era gravity fed gas pump...

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
1/2/15 11:34 a.m.
rcutclif wrote: I hope to see some winners of the shop contest who 'did the most with the least'. I think that ideology fits GRM pretty well, and I believe we would all qualify, and many of us have a great shot to win.

Except it was a Classic Motorsports sponsored contest, so I'm not sure the judges are using GRM ideology or CM ideology, whatever that might be. There wasn't much said in the way of criteria, but it may come down to dart-board selection if they have the volume of quality submissions I expect they have.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1qCmuIZs5Smlm7vRAtUWNq5CV4W6iUGuZpWpcG0NS5T1uYzWD58FH6Bni89rq4KM