1 2 3
APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/3/17 3:13 p.m.
Carro Atrezzi wrote: Keith, that's a good response. In pure navigation terms, however, I would say that places with poor cell coverage offer less possibility of gettting lost. There aren't usually enough roads and intersections to matter. Camping and off-roading being exceptions.

Maybe, but when you do miss a turn you can go hours out of your way before there's a landmark to let you know that you're not where you want to be.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/17 4:46 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy:

I found my first car that way. Best navigation technique ever. Well, unless you want to get to a specific location in a hurry, then it sucks. (But that would be missing the point!)

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
7/4/17 9:36 a.m.

Stop to consider what PhotoBucket just did to a billion images on the net and extrapolate that to opportunities in the automotive sphere.

Now think about the blackmail and ransomware opportunities that are being planted as we speak for the automotive consumer as they tie into the Web.

Maybe GM does not decide to shut down the fleet, but rather the same guy who is ransoming hospitals and large corporations decides to focus on drivers? I have this Sci-fi vision of every GM vehicle being shut-off during rush hour while the rest of the fleet is left alone. Bitcoin is standing by to assist.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rgHZ4nEEYftNAaOR2M2wtoCHSDxjNTKIsDWcHvhvgqh76fCur5yfRNYOUV7KHPDv