zoomx2
zoomx2 Reader
8/20/09 12:41 p.m.

This might fall into the dumb question of the day category, but has anyone ever seen a polished hood on a Miata?

I berkelyed up mine in a few spots when i painted it a couple of months ago. So this weekend I thought I will respray it, then thought "hey It's aluminum, I bet it will look tits all blinged out"

Any thoughts? or am I just showing my ghetto roots?

Side question...... I have two dings in it as well. Can you quench the dings like you can steel? (you know, heat then hit it with a wet cold rag to shrink the metal).

Back to random thought mode......

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/20/09 12:42 p.m.

Not polished... but I have seen one reduced to bare metal and had lamin-x applied to it.

Looked like ass.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/20/09 12:52 p.m.

There is at least one member on club roadster who has done it.

http://www.clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=13156&highlight=polished+hood

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/20/09 1:01 p.m.

I've seen one. I think it was in California.

John Brown
8/20/09 1:09 p.m.

Best way to strip one is to start with a white hood, then wash.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Reader
8/20/09 1:12 p.m.

Dumb idea IOM if you drive in the day time.. Blinded by the light wrecked up like a duce (make that Miata) you know the rumure in the day light....sing it Bruce.

I prefur the Manford man didy my self.

Josh
Josh HalfDork
8/20/09 1:15 p.m.

Wow, nobody has a clue what the actual words to that song are, do they? At least you didn't say "wrapped up like a douche" though.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/20/09 1:26 p.m.

Apparently people that have done say it doesn't glare in a manner that could blind the driver.

andrave
andrave Reader
8/20/09 1:31 p.m.

what ARE the words to that song? it just came on this morning and I started wondering all over again.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/20/09 1:33 p.m.

Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night

refers to a hot-rod '32 Ford

John Brown
8/20/09 1:34 p.m.
andrave wrote: what ARE the words to that song? it just came on this morning and I started wondering all over again.
Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Madman drummers bummers, Indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat In the dumps with the mumps as the adolescent pumps his way into his hat With a boulder on my shoulder, feelin' kinda older, I tripped the merry-go-round With this very unpleasin', sneezin' and wheezin, the calliope crashed to the ground The calliope crashed to the ground But she was... Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Some silicone sister with a manager mister told me I go what it takes She said I'll turn you on sonny to something strong, play the song with the funky break And go-cart Mozart was checkin' out the weather chart to see if it was safe outside And little Early-Pearly came by in his curly-wurly and asked me if I needed a ride Asked me if I needed a ride But she was... Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light She got down but she never got tired She's gonna make it through the night She's gonna make it through the night But mama, that's where the fun is But mama, that's where the fun is Mama always told me not to look into the eye's of the sun But mama, that's where the fun is Some brimstone baritone anticyclone rolling stone preacher from the east Says, Dethrone the dictaphone, hit it in it's funny bone, that's where they expect it least And some new-mown chaperone was standin' in the corner, watching the young girls dance And some fresh-sown moonstone was messin' with his frozen zone, reminding him of romance The calliope crashed to the ground But she was... Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light Madman drummers bummers, Indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat In the dumps with the mumps as the adolescent pumps his way into his hat With a boulder on my shoulder, feelin' kinda older, I tripped the merry-go-round With this very unpleasin', sneezin' and wheezin, the calliope crashed to the ground Now Scott with a slingshot finally found a tender spot and throws his lover in the sand And some bloodshot forget-me-not said daddy's within earshot save the buckshot, turn up the band Some silicone sister with a manager mister told me I go what it takes She said I'll turn you on sonny to something strong
Keith
8/20/09 1:36 p.m.
John Brown wrote: Best way to strip one is to start with a white hood, then wash.

This is true!

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
8/20/09 3:26 p.m.

The Miata in the pics above was at the Mitty this year. I would do it on a Westfield, or other 7 clone, not sure that I like it on a Miata. Then again, I do not own your car, you do, so do to it as you please.

Keith
8/20/09 4:10 p.m.

Okay, then I saw it at the Mitty. I couldn't remember - too many shows! There are two Miatas in the pics above, BTW. I suspect one stayed in Japan.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
8/20/09 5:59 p.m.

I don't think I'd want a polished hood....sunny days would be a bitch!

thedude
thedude Reader
8/20/09 6:16 p.m.

Ok I promise to do this if my hood ever gets messed up.

Keith
8/20/09 6:57 p.m.

I've always thought this was a particularly bad idea. Nice flat and level bonnet, perfect for setting your retinas on fire. Nice louvres though - just like the Japanese Eunos pictured earlier.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
8/20/09 7:32 p.m.

If ya do it I know the paint for the rest of the car:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hvkWOKA0kyC5qgEjmwixJmrZUvv1Esr3g6LZnS0aKv9nGxVZfeKHqmLLhOuCorPb