oldeskewltoy New Reader
10/1/09 2:38 p.m.

The above was given to me... it was removed from a Cressida/MX83 rear suspension. I do not know whom makes these... and I've been having a tough time finding them.

I need this unit, but instead of center hole diameter of 17/32"(.532") I need it with a 12mm hole in the center steel insert. That would be ideal... but if I can only get it in the above size... I'll look to enlarge the holes in the chassis to take a larger lower control arm mounting bolt

I know there are hyme joints available, I'm looking for a bushing mount instead of a solid one.

Anyone offer me some help???

Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/1/09 3:44 p.m.

Mr Roadster makes 'em. I'm using them in my MG project to avoid spherical bearings in the rear. The description says for a 1/2" hole, which is not surprising given that this sort of stuff is made in the US for US hotrodders who can't understand metric. I'll bet you could simply make your own steel insert, or just drill out those holes. It'll have a "standard" thread on the end as well of course.


RedS13Coupe Reader
10/1/09 6:49 p.m.

You know I keep seeing these on the locost forum, and am kinda interested in using them for the chassis side of control arms instead of heim joints to save money... anyone got a good source for more solid ones?

(Sorry, don't mean to thread jack too bad, but figured while we were talking about it...)

Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/1/09 7:52 p.m.

Define "more solid". Stiffer urethane? They're at least as strong as a rod end of the same size based on playing with them.

You're not going to save money with them, although the Locost way would be to weld up your own and stuff some Spitfire (I think) bushings inside.

Our Preferred Partners