David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/3/19 4:00 p.m.
feature_image

A new season means a new Porsche race car. Meet the Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport, the latest track-ready version of their mid-engined sports car.

This new car will be available in two different flavors–think of them as spicy as well as even spicier. Both are powered by a 425-horsepower flat-six backed by a six-speed PDK transmission. Other standard features …

Read the rest of the story

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/3/19 4:07 p.m.

Single seater with a "co-driver" door?  Is the co-driver moveable ballast like the sidecar racers at Isle of Man? Porsche might want to clarify their press material... ;)

David S. Wallens
1/4/19 9:40 a.m.
secretariata said:

Single seater with a "co-driver" door?  Is the co-driver moveable ballast like the sidecar racers at Isle of Man? Porsche might want to clarify their press material... ;)

Maybe it's something like this.

David S. Wallens
1/4/19 9:44 a.m.

Also, look for a little extra Cayman GT4 editorial in the near future. Our friends (and neighbors) at BGB Motorsports already have one. 

The cars come from Porsche "ready-to-race," but the team still has some work to do before the Rolex weekend: mainly add driver cooling, wrap the graphics, add the IMSA position lights. We'll stop by their shop and report back. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/4/19 9:47 a.m.

I find the 6spd PDK interesting. 

Every Porsche/Audi/BMW dual-clutch transmission I've seen has been a 7 spd?

David S. Wallens
1/4/19 9:57 a.m.

The previous GT4 also received a six-speed PDK. (I just checked because, to be honest, I couldn't remember for sure.)

David S. Wallens
1/4/19 10:11 a.m.

Also, hope that at least someone here appreciated the Cannonball Run clip. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
owkNj4xrk7bBLNEDTvcNyRwd7EZi2yQmSHhNnkdAolEAbhcep5KC77DC6hdjb3gQ