nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
10/9/19 9:35 a.m.

The stock exhaust in my Boxster makes it sound like a Carolla, so a quick internet search for Porsche exhausts turned up a nice Borla cat-back system on homedepot.com:

...wait, what?  They sell intake kits too?  And Bilsteins?!  

Who else had no idea that Home Depot carried auto mods?

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/9/19 9:40 a.m.

They don't, but everyone is in on the dropship game now.  Most aftermarket parts ship from a small handfull of locations in the US.  Look up turn14 distribuition for an example.

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 New Reader
10/9/19 2:33 p.m.

Lexan for lightweight windows, caliper bleeder screw caps, stainless and Grade 8 nuts and bolts in the hardware aisle, sand for the blasting cabinet over by the cement mix, steel and aluminum for fabricating panels and brackets, etc. Not to mention Rustoleum, Krylon, Plasti-Dip (interior luggage strap brackets), electrical terminals, .....   

_
_ HalfDork
10/9/19 2:40 p.m.

We car people created the term “Home Depot Racing”, they made it a reality. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
10/9/19 2:45 p.m.

I noticed this the other day when looking for some stuff for my Power Wagon. They must have gotten in on that sweet, sweet drop-ship e-commerce pie. Last year around the holidays, they were selling toys and some electronics (like TV's) in the store and online, so you may see limited consumables like filters and bulbs populate an aisle soon.

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
10/9/19 4:20 p.m.

A couple of weeks ago a search for Boxster Bilsteins came up ..... Walmart.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
10/9/19 4:33 p.m.
Hasbro said:

A couple of weeks ago a search for Boxster Bilsteins came up ..... Walmart.

My understanding is that walmart's e-presence is getting in on the amazon game - that is sellers can use it as a commerce platform. I'm not sure about the home depot bit, that's new to me. 

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
10/10/19 3:56 p.m.

I bought headers for an E36 from Walmart with free shipping and returned them to my local store for a full refund when I saw the flimsy POS that was sent.

It was a waste of time but it didn't cost me anything.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
16slbP8Q07Sv1jVZDzGxzKhoaRJibpcHygbXjS7xs6bum4LhLtzXAgeaarnz87d9