sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
8/19/21 10:01 a.m.

Hi, I'm chasing an underbody part, and don't seem to be having any luck doing a parts search via google.  Does anyone know the better part search sites? Specifically, I'm looking for the lower control arm diffusers from the 718 Spyder.



Cheers

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
8/19/21 10:36 a.m.

982 505 569 for Left, 982 505 570 for Right. There's an A and B revision based on production date of 8/27/2020. Not sure what the difference is.

racerdave600
racerdave600 UltraDork
8/19/21 11:25 a.m.

Try these guys: https://www.ladismantler.com/  I've bought parts for my Boxster there when other places didn't have them.  They are a Porsche specialized recycler.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/19/21 11:46 a.m.

TIL that control arm diffusers are a thing.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/21 12:05 p.m.

I seem to remember that someone (maybe David???) posted up about these and that the ones from a GT3 were cheaper and better (an upgrade) and could even be used on other cars with some fab work.  

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/21 12:06 p.m.
dean1484 said:

I seem to remember that someone (maybe David???) posted up about these and that the ones from a GT3 were cheaper and better (an upgrade) and could even be used on other cars with some fab work.  

Those are the fronts and they are brake cooling ducts.

 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/19/21 12:20 p.m.
sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
8/19/21 1:50 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:
dean1484 said:

I seem to remember that someone (maybe David???) posted up about these and that the ones from a GT3 were cheaper and better (an upgrade) and could even be used on other cars with some fab work.  

Those are the fronts and they are brake cooling ducts.

 

Yep, those are only like $7 each shipped too!

sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
8/19/21 1:51 p.m.
fatallightning said:

982 505 569 for Left, 982 505 570 for Right. There's an A and B revision based on production date of 8/27/2020. Not sure what the difference is.

edit* You rock!  That got me most of the way there, but I think the B revision is what is shown in the photos.  I've ordered one to see what actually shows up!

dps214
dps214 Dork
8/19/21 4:25 p.m.

Seems like the specific question has been answered, but for reference and the answer to the general question, online parts catalog:

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/pet/porsche/

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/21 4:37 p.m.

I just ordered these and the GT3 front ducts from Suncoast Porsche. Full report and install on my 986 time attack car when they arrive...

sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
9/7/21 10:01 p.m.

Got some parts from Germany today!  The correct rears had the 'A' suffix.

Our Preferred Partners
hG6WJmbv6et9mOdt9fYlv82OqPfQqffhBr3Ynpu7MTxdCkxhgCaLTNtdlEyIcuPS