Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Associate Editor
9/29/15 2:42 p.m.
feature_image

We woke our 2003 Ford SVT Focus up from a summer of rest, then took it rallycrossing at the FIRM. By the end of the day, we had a massive exhaust leak, a sloppy shifter, soft brakes, no handbrake, and fenders with less paint than before.

It was time to spend a few nights in the garage. First up: …

Read the rest of the story

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/29/15 2:47 p.m.

Wish my cat looked like that underneath. I'm pretty sure when the time comes I will be 'sawing' it out rather than 'unbolting'.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/29/15 2:57 p.m.

Awesome! Whats the next rallycross you've got on the calendar?

irish44j
irish44j PowerDork
9/29/15 4:57 p.m.

You guys have done more repairs after one rallycross than I've done in four full seasons, lol...and my car is 18 years older!

Also, just a Focus tip: One of our local fast Focuses actually broke his engine dogbone mount (aluminum) BECAUSE of the (almost new) poly inserts in it. It broke violently on course and destroyed a bunch of other stuff in the process. I would suggest you stick with rubber because apparently it's the metal part of the mount that is the weak point on the Focus. He switched back to rubber, IIRC, and has not had any problems since.

Here's his thread with more information: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/road-racing-rally/407778-my-rallycross-focus-svt.html

post #40 in the thread....broke the dogbone 5 months after putting a poly mount in it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uQ5jZ9Kj3QMWdhIb8LODZfUGWS3cIUORq1H6ORL8nMODvvoysUBdcv5l15juYLqE