Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/4/21 11:34 a.m.
feature_image

Now that our 1965 Mustang vintage racer sported all the necessary mounting points for safety equipment plus some added lightness, we sent the car to Blast Masters to blast, prime and paint the interior.

After masking off the rest of the Mustang, Blast Masters carefully media blasted the interior down to a finish that would take to primer and …

Read the rest of the story

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
8/4/21 11:44 a.m.

That's a lot easier than dry ice and rattle cans.....

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
8/4/21 12:52 p.m.

The amount of time savings, and the apparently quality in the completed work, seems like good value for the amount paid.  

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
8/4/21 8:17 p.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

I'm at that stage now with my challenge based car.  But no budget so I guess it's wire brush and googles for me

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
8/5/21 8:24 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

Sadly, yes, you will have to do it yourself. I have done it many times, and while not technically difficult, it is physical, dirty and somewaht boring work.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
8/10/21 11:27 p.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard :

You're  absolutely right!  It's easier in a from scratch race car because you don't need to remove so much, fix so much,  Crawl around in such awkward spots painting, so much.  It's a whole lot easier polishing aluminum  than painting the round tubing  of a roll bar with parts of the body right there to get overspray on. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kJW3LltUlOncV8FqoZkAjbwdmTfkmXWU14LMA5XrwzeRD1ExYb0qEY7cUSOYeEnm